Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help Please...New Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the market for a new pair of skis and as I have already pointed out I am in need of help. Puzzled I'm an advanced skier, but by no means an expert. I ski relatively agressively. I ski mainly groomers, ice, bumps, and trees, but occasionally powder (whenever I can find it) and park (I'm not very good at it). I want a twin-tip ski and enjoy skiing backwards greatly. However I do not want a ski that will be all about performance in the park. For me the two most important aspects are all-mountain versitility and a good edge and carve at speeds on groomers. This ski will have to carve and rip the whole mountain.

I am mostly a holiday skier, so I only get a few weeks of skiing in every season. I ski mostly in the New England region (especially Vermont). Conditions are usually quite variable. It can be icy or there can be a good amount of snow (but not the deep pow everyone dreams of).

I want a ski that will last me for many years. I am still in high school, so I would like a ski that I will be able to ski on through college and on. Currently I am 5'9" (about 170mm) and 130 lbs (about 60kg). I will probably grow to about 6'0" and put on some weight.

After doing some internet research, I have determined that for my needs, a mid-fat ski would be best. Here are several skis that have caught my eye so far:
Scott Aztec Pro (not sure if its twin-tip)
Line Prophet 80/Line MTX Pro (I can get it discounted)
Movement Demon Flame
Blizzard Sigma Titan 7

I have not demoed any of these skis yet and I do not truely know how well they handle.

Also, I will be needing new bindings for these skis.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Sorry for the long-winded description.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A Random Skier wrote:
I'm in the market for a new pair of skis and as I have already pointed out I am in need of help. Puzzled I'm an advanced skier, but by no means an expert. I ski relatively agressively. I ski mainly groomers, ice, bumps, and trees, but occasionally powder (whenever I can find it) and park (I'm not very good at it). I want a twin-tip ski and enjoy skiing backwards greatly. However I do not want a ski that will be all about performance in the park. For me the two most important aspects are all-mountain versitility and a good edge and carve at speeds on groomers. This ski will have to carve and rip the whole mountain.

I am mostly a holiday skier, so I only get a few weeks of skiing in every season. I ski mostly in the New England region (especially Vermont). Conditions are usually quite variable. It can be icy or there can be a good amount of snow (but not the deep pow everyone dreams of).

I want a ski that will last me for many years. I am still in high school, so I would like a ski that I will be able to ski on through college and on. Currently I am 5'9" (about 170mm) and 130 lbs (about 60kg). I will probably grow to about 6'0" and put on some weight.

After doing some internet research, I have determined that for my needs, a mid-fat ski would be best. Here are several skis that have caught my eye so far:
Scott Aztec Pro (not sure if its twin-tip)
Line Prophet 80/Line MTX Pro (I can get it discounted)
Movement Demon Flame
Blizzard Sigma Titan 7

I have not demoed any of these skis yet and I do not truely know how well they handle.

Also, I will be needing new bindings for these skis.

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Sorry for the long-winded description.
Quote:

5'9" (about 170mm)

Correction- 5'9" (about 170cm)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A Random Skier, the Scott Aztec Pro is not twin-tipped.

Have you considered the K2 Public Enemy?

Have a browse around this web-site:
http://www.skireviews.co.uk/en/index.html
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can i say Volkl Karma, without Foxy raising the guillotine? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the suggestions

I just read a review for the Movement Flame Pro skis. These seem to be what I want, but a bit expensive. Do any of you know of any cheaper equivalents?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy