Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's November, the Alps are Tropical - But Change is Afoot at Last :)

Poster: A snowHead
nice little comparison of tignes/valD snow coverage Sep-Oct 2015

http://www.skipass.com/news/125368-neige-du-29-octobre.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nadenoodlee wrote:
No leave them to it @pam w, it's quite funny Twisted Evil

This! Razz
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:
Back to the Lac du Bourget today, a bit foggy out on the lake

Looks like it's taken from the Aix side looking towards the Cat's Claw.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
No leave them to it pam w, it's quite funny
I never believe the forecasters....I'll only believe this epic snow forecast lark when it's on the ground... rolling eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
emwmarine wrote:
davidof wrote:
Back to the Lac du Bourget today, a bit foggy out on the lake

Looks like it's taken from the Aix side looking towards the Cat's Claw.

Dent du Chat, yes.

From a bit futher along the lake

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Very nice indeed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I guess that is basically steam, so it is subtropical in the Alps. Enjoy it while it lasts.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not for much longer, -6 degrees here this coming Sunday according to the weather forecast........
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, temperatures to drop dramatically this weekend, accompanied by a massive dump.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mikeycharlton, that sounds very similar to most weekends in my house.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh dear. Here we go. All that lovely snow is going to be "dumping" or "puking". rolling eyes Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or melting.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or topped up with hard crystals from the canons.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
All that lovely snow is going to be "dumping" or "puking"

What snow? There's not going to be any snow. We're never going to have snow ever again and we'll all have to take up mountain boarding or fishing or something. Snow will just be a legend, told to kids at Christmas by grandparents with a wistful look in their eye "I remember when all these hills used to be white, as far as the eye could see". We're doomed!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had a massive dump this morning.

New snow tyres going on Thursday. (Went Michelin in the end).

Gas connected and boiler commissioning tomorrow.

All is not necessarily sunshine and light in my world, but snow-wise, fingers crossed, maybe it's promising.

(Chamonix Meteo suggesting ,abundant snow" - will I be getting the XCs out?)
latest report
+6 at entrance to Mont Blanc Tunnel last night. It got colder during the night, as the tunnel was closed for maintenance from midnight to 6 am, so I had to sleep in the car Sad
snow report
What altitude is this weekend's 'dump' due to go down to as snow. Snow forecast for Saint Martin suggests it will mainly be rain on Friday and most of Saturday. Hope we don't get the situation where everyone is bused into VT again.
snow conditions
- Gritters out round our way tonight (though car thermometer was reading 10C at 19.00 Confused).
- Snow forecast on the Pennines and in Scotland at the weekend.
- Touring kit on standby...Smile
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, ugh.

@emwmarine, round hour way it's forecast down to Geneve. Much to everyone's surprise.

I think our first winter out here (2007) it was February before it snowed down to the plaine.
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@stewart woodward, ugh.

@emwmarine, round hour way it's forecast down to Geneve. Much to everyone's surprise.

Don't bother leaving home on Friday then, the Genevois are some of the worlds worst winter drivers - plus they'll all have summer tires on.

The good thing I'll say about them, they obey the law, so last time I got snowedbound in Geneva I was able to escape via farm roads that were "interdit a la circulation".
snow conditions
@davidof, fret not, our plan is to be heading up the hill Friday AM before the snowmageddonette to get on with the chores that have been delayed due no heating system.
latest report
It's apparently going to rain to quite high altitude - very, very, hard. Then snow to quite low altitude, not quite so hard. For most of us more rain than snow, but it's not a bad forecast, looking ahead.

@stewart woodward, that sounds like an uncomfortable night. Sad
latest report
Weather charts are showing the advent of winter this weekend including some snow in my little corner of the midlands. I can hardly contain my excitement!!!
snow conditions
Not much fun looking at the web cams ..... Bit like waiting for xmas when i was a kid lol
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy