Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long Triple Ski Bag!?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

Can anyone recommend me a ski bag? I need it to be able to fit 180-190 skis, and preferably 3 pairs. wheels are obviously a bonus - but not essential. Or alternatively if anyone has one for sale that would also be appreciated! They must be available somewhere? For speed skiers to transport their gear!?

Should note that I'm also in the UK.

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Douchebags do several, but this Scott one was the cheapest at £90 on Absolute. Got wheels and only 3kg so you're not burning your allowance too bad.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Douchebags do several, but this Scott one was the cheapest at £90 on Absolute. Got wheels and only 3kg so you're not burning your allowance too bad.

Thats the one I use, works for me but n.b : its 200cm and a few airlines max out at 190cm though I have never ben asked and if I was I would just say 190. Considered sewing a "190" label on it at one point! Have had 3 skis , boots , avi gear etc etc in it , loads of room!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mishmash wrote:
... n.b: its 200cm and a few airlines max out at 190cm though I have never ben asked and if I was I would just say 190.
I've once had my ski bag measured for length, by BA in Tokyo. Came in just under 190cm so no problem; not sure what they would have done if it had measured more than 190cm. The check-in staff at Narita seemed keen to apply the rules with absolute precision - just 1kg over and I was made to pay excess baggage charge.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
mishmash wrote:
... n.b: its 200cm and a few airlines max out at 190cm though I have never ben asked and if I was I would just say 190.
I've once had my ski bag measured for length, by BA in Tokyo. Came in just under 190cm so no problem; not sure what they would have done if it had measured more than 190cm. The check-in staff at Narita seemed keen to apply the rules with absolute precision - just 1kg over and I was made to pay excess baggage charge.

uh oh - im taking ito Japan next year - with skis that are 190+ so what am i supposed to do??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mishmash wrote:
uh oh - im taking ito Japan next year - with skis that are 190+ so what am i supposed to do??
I've been a few times, but only had the ski bag measured once. Suggest you keep your fingers crossed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mishmash, are the skis longer than 190 or just the bag?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i guess if its on the way back I should be feeling more chilled!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@mishmash, are the skis longer than 190 or just the bag?

the skis are longer - but could probably go in sideways, richard (sorry just couldn't resist... Very Happy )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mishmash, Just for that - get yourself a couple of ratchet straps and simply flex your skitips 10cm closer together. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
more seriously , they are quiver killered so flat and on their sides (boom boom) i know i can get them into a shorter bag with some twisting ... but I might just get a 190 label instead and feign the victim if I get caught out....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mishmash wrote:
... I might just get a 190 label instead and feign the victim if I get caught out....
巻尺があることはありません。
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok, flash of BRILLIANCE! Modular Skis!

Come in 2/5/10/cm lengths, different widths, curvatures and flexes, clip together, QK inserts so you can mount the bindings. Clip on tips, away you go!
Conditions changing? Just unclip sections to reduce or increase length, swap out to wider for powpow action, snap on rear tips to get park ready. Lunchtime? break em down and hide them all over the restaurant to prevent theft! Core shot? just swap out the busted section! Short of cash? Buy your skis a bit at a time and build your quiver. Flush with cash? Buy them all NOW and get a fantastic leatherette carrying case.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mishmash,

I got a load of questions in Sapporo on my way back, but when I pointed out the 190 label (the original, not a home made one Laughing) they let me go and didn't bother to measure it. I was glad I had the rules printed out though (rules of the carrier you fly the longest leg with apply - for me BA), as they were trying to charge me JAL's far more expensive/prohibitive prices/sizes.

That was a 190cm Fall Line Double btw, which comfortably fit my 190 Moment Bibby Pros and 194 Down CD1s.

If you do want to buy one, pm me as I have a €20 off €100 spend discount code for a shop that sells them (valid till 16/11).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@clarky999, I was starting to get worried as my rigid ended triple bag is listed at 197cm, and I'm going to Japan next year. I've not actually measured it, but my 189 and 190cm only just fit.

I've flown BA with it 4 times without issue, and my main flight to Japan is BA, so I'll find the longest leg rules and take them with me.
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:
@clarky999, I was starting to get worried as my rigid ended triple bag is listed at 197cm, and I'm going to Japan next year. I've not actually measured it, but my 189 and 190cm only just fit.

I've flown BA with it 4 times without issue, and my main flight to Japan is BA, so I'll find the longest leg rules and take them with me.

But BA is max 190, no?
Its just i ve always (2, 3 x got away with it - mainly I think because you go straight outsize luggage and they dont really look at it. ) Did have a query that I had more than one pair from Swiss once (it did have 3 monster pairs in !) but I just calmly said it was my 10 year old and 7 year old daughters who were travelling with me at the time ....
snow report
mishmash wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
mishmash wrote:

mishmash have you tried measuring your actual ski ?
Those 190s you sold me barely reach 181 as some of the length is lost on the top and tail rocker.
I took a pair of 192s (and an assortment of others)in a sport tube to JPN earlier this year on BA.
As long as your bag weight does not exceed 23kgs and the length not more than 190, all good( the tube came in at 186) I had to take the tube as couldn't QK tyrolia AT bindings (only ones with a 150 brake) will take old 190 snowboard bag next time as can pack more efficiently with this as more similar to your Scott one and the super wide planks are now retired.
snow report
Super Steezy wrote:
mishmash wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
mishmash wrote:

mishmash have you tried measuring your actual ski ?
Those 190s you sold me barely reach 181 as some of the length is lost on the top and tail rocker.
I took a pair of 192s (and an assortment of others)in a sport tube to JPN earlier this year on BA.
As long as your bag weight does not exceed 23kgs and the length not more than 190, all good( the tube came in at 186) I had to take the tube as couldn't QK tyrolia AT bindings (only ones with a 150 brake) will take old 190 snowboard bag next time as can pack more efficiently with this as more similar to your Scott one and the super wide planks are now retired.

No, because they aren't here, busy getting them fitted for bindings etc. I do realise that straight line length is different to stated length ( are you after a rebate???? Smile ) but I am surprised it is that much ! They do ski short though. The issue is that the bag is 200 and I havent measured it but I can't believe that it measures too much shorter than stated? But I have got those skis you have into sub 190 bag with bindings off on their side, but with the rocker etc not much room for much else .
ski holidays
Anyone weighed their Scott bag with 3 x pairs of skis and poles? We have a 20kg limit on ski carriage.
snow report
Down to your boards and bindings, the advertised weight of the Scott bag is very impressive, 3.5kg.
My dakine roller is 6.2kg and the sport tube is about the same, the sportube has been relegated to roof rack duties across Europe now. Either way they both work within BA baggage allowance of 23kg with other gear loaded in as well, so I guess the differential between bags should get you to where you want to get to. I carry my boots on in cabin luggage, plastic bags obigitory on long haul return legs.
snow conditions
My skis/bindings are light, Jnr uses SL skis which are relatively heavy. The OH is yet to get her new set, so who knows!

I was pretty much sold on a Dakine High Roller, but I have an OCD for trying to get the lightest bag possible so as not to waste valuable luggage allowance on a bag!
snow report
Dakine do a 200cm bag, fits 3-4 pairs of skis, boots, helmets etc with wheels at one end and grab handles in middle and ends. I have converted it to carry my snowboards, with boots, bindings etc.
snow report
Try:
http://www.lokker.co.uk/
http://www.snokart.com/
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=wheel+ski+bag
latest report
@altis, Oh no I thought I had bypassed the need for a new bag although the "coffin" style of bag still seems the best option.

It's just that they are now much lighter. Sad still with merino, QK's and lighter skis everything balances out... if you don't mind not dressing like an adult in foreign cities.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy