Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kirchberg/Kitzbühel - the new Brunn chairlift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dougie wrote:
Any chance of can head over to the Kitzbuhel area to take pictures of the new Brunn lift 😜?

As Dougie's every wish is my command, I went to look at the progress on the new Brunn 8-seater chairlift yesterday. First the advertising at the Fleckalmbahn...

Then, leaving my car by the Kitzalm near the bottom station of the Pengelstein I gondola, I started on the way up. The weather was great, more like summer, and it took me almost two hours to sweat up to the lift. There was plenty going on there and it looks as though there is still work to do but I assume that is only final details and everything will be finished before December. The cable is in place, so I think the lift is probably ready to run. Here a couple of views of the site of the bottom station...

And here looking up the track of the lift to the top station which is nearer to the top of the Jufen Steilhang than the top station of the Silberstube lift, which the new lift is designed to replace (or, at least, complement it, for in the piste plan for next season the Silberstube lift is still shown - I'm glad to say, for I like the romantic sounding name)...

My puff was such that I didn't fancy climbing up to the top station - I'll wait for the lift to be running Laughing. However, I can offer a couple of photos of piste 27, the run down from the Brunn lift to the bottom station of the Pengelstein I gondola. That looks very attractive (I've only skied it once in the past). Now there are snow lances about every 50 metres and they may well be needed, for the piste is exposed to the sun. On the piste plan the run is shown as blue, though I felt it would be quite challenging in places. Strangely, according to the piste map, the blue pistes 27a and 27 can only be reached from the black pistes 16b (Jufen Steilhang) and 27c (new) or the red piste 27b (which was blue 27a previously). All a bit peculiar. My memory is that the new 27a starts below the Jufen Steilhang (but I wouldn't swear to that). As an additinal confusion, the lifts (and some of the pistes) have been re-numbered, so make sure you get a new piste plan if you use the lift numbers.

However, that by the side, here are the photos of piste 27, first one of the steeper sections...

And then the narrowish track down near the bottom...

Despite the weather being warm, the good news is that the ground is freezing and there was frost on puddles of water.

All in all, looks like being an interesting new run.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks very much for those photos. I have just posted a link for a YouTube video on another thread (What's new in Tirol) because I forgot about this thread! I have seen that Blue 27 on the map and never seen it open even though I have skied past the entrance too it many times. You are correct in that it comes off a black run, not particularly difficult black but one that a no-so-confident blue run skier would like very much.

Thanks again.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can hardly have forgotten this thread because I just started it Laughing. I didn't know about the other thread Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Puzzled Sorry...I do get confused sometimes! Embarassed

Anyway, keep up the good work.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A YouTube channel I subscribed to has just uploaded a video from yesterday of the new Brunn lift if anyone is interested.

http://youtube.com/v/X6tUNvTwx7k

4wks today, not that I am counting down the minutes....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good video but not yesterday, I think. Then we had less visibility but more snow Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used that chair on Wednesday 6th Jan.

I couldn't find a way onto 27a without using a black, as Espri says - I went down 16b to get onto it, then later I skied down the red 27b and took it again.

I realised afterwards it is possible to get onto 27a by turning hard left from 16 towards the black, there is a short virtually horizontal section, where you would be going against the flow of people who are coming down the black bit not joining 27a.

This is looking down towards it from 27b

And this is the actual chair - rather snazzy seats.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy