Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Head Titan or magnum???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought the Rallys-fits in the middle so you get a bit of both.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Titans. Because I own some and they're brilliant. Push them hard, harder, hardest or take your foot off and pootle gently (Lads week with the first-lift-to-last-lift guys vs family week with my little winkles). Love them. (This review is entirely subjective!)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the Titans. Just bought them and after a weekend testing lots of different skis they were by far the best.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1000 For the Titan. I have skied them for the last 2 years and they are amazing. so stable and a lot of fun. You get out what you put in so if you want performance push them hard and they reward you, if you want to pootle then they are happy too.

much better than the magnum in crud
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Titans feel more stable at speed than the magnums, get 'em long. Not really a missile though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Super Steezy wrote:
Not really a missile though.

How do you mean?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
....like a detuned race ski such as the world cup rebels, but for shear versatility be it ski to lunch day or a hard hooning day it rocks. I really thought that given it is 80 mm u/f Head were dumbing it down to be an all mountain identity crisis ski but have used this as my piste ski of choice for the last few seasons. Not an out and out missile but hey I look like a bag of spuds in lycra.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What do people think is the best length for the Titans?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rhumage wrote:
What do people think is the best length for the Titans?

How tall are you, level of skiing etc?

Ive already skied short due to racing, so ski a 163 (im 5'10, 74kg). I prefer them short, but could easily go larger.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like to ski short on performance skis, I'm 6'2 14st. I would class myself as an advanced skier in the sense that I can ski anything on piste and I'm okish off piste although I am no racer, instructor or seasonaire type by any stretch.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Me personally, if you prefer shorter then go for the 170, but I imagine plenty your height and skill will go for the 177 and ski it with ease.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers Paul, thanks for the advice.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm a tad under 6ft, your weight and similar ability and I have the 170s. Aside from the pootling with my daughter, they're a delight to push on short, quick turns, guide through moguls, as much as they are to let loose on any empty red or black with longer (and longer) turns.

They'll manage off-piste ok but are impressive in chopped up stuff. Very controllable and almost intuitively progressive, responding really well to delicate inputs of more or less pressure.

177s? Dunno. I think the 170s would give you plenty to play with without feeling you'd want more. But better skiers may well be able to advise better than me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think it's decided then, 170's it is
snow report
I'm 6'1 and went for the 177 after originally going for the 170s. I'm quite a bit heavier than you though Laughing and weight has more of a bearing on which length
latest report
I demoed the Magnums in a 170 and was left pretty unimpressed, there not what the marketing hype made them out to be, they were easily overwhelmed. (I'm 6'4 and 90kg), so if your anything near my weight I wouldn't advise going short.
snow report
Did you demo the Titans alongside the Magnums, @lordf?
snow report
grazzenger wrote:
Did you demo the Titans alongside the Magnums, @lordf?

Been on an older set in 177, not as strong a ski as I was hoping for. I much preferred my Salomon 178 24 Hours but they didn't last long either.

Personally I think theres far better options out there than the Heads or Sollys. I now have Kastle MX88's in 188 as my piste skis, they are far far more versatile than the Heads and deal with a wider verity of conditions. They were a consolidation option of my old piste quiver (Fischer RC4 GS skis and Fischer Watea 84's). The Wateas were one of the best skis I have ever used but they were deflected in the rough stuff, the Kasltes really are an all mountain GS ski. They will lay trenches through the mank and crud like its freshly groomed.
ski holidays
Aw, I had some rc4s back in the early noughties. Lovely lovely skis. You are clearly a far better skier than me!
snow report
Good... Well probably not but I'm always trying to learn. I've never raced except on plastic a few times but I spent a few years repping with a bunch of ex racers and their methods rubbed off on me.
ski holidays
Another vote for Titans... I demoed both Magnums and Titans and the Titans were a clear winner. I bought them and agree with everything already said on this thread about them, they are a joy to ski.
latest report
I think the Titans are an awesome all round ski. I use them in all conditions from carving on groomers to fresh powder.
I bought Titans one season then changed to Magnums the following season. Since I loved my original Titans I bought another pair of Titans the season after that. So after skiing a few hundred days on the Titans I'm quite a fan Smile

I'm 6' 1" and ski the 170 since I like a shorter ski for the bumps but would be equally happy on the 177 as well.
snow conditions
Think we need to start a Titan fan club Happy
latest report
The 177 is the stumble for me, if they did a 184 or a 188 then would be a real consideration. Fact is for me the Kastles blew them away in every condition. Don't get me wrong I can hustle most things through powder, done a few chest deep days on FIS GS skis, not through choice mind but I would rather have the best tool for the job. I'm not a fan of the fixed plate on the Head stuff either, I like the flat deck on the MX line a lot more as I run mine with peak 18's.
latest report
Yet another vote for Titans. Demo'ed both and as @Gämsbock, says Titans were by far the winner. Certainly for me - think Michelin Man for body shape, and being a skier of modest ability they will do everything I demand on piste and aid with my little sorties off the side.
Quote:

Think we need to start a Titan fan club Happy

Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy