Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for drkpower's resort report:

Sauze d'Oulx (February)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally, I would always stay in the village proper, rather than be stuck in Jouvenceaux, all the good pubs are in the village, which has a medieval centre is actually full of character.

Sad to confirm that the Del Falco is closed, but Vince is now running the Chalet Capricorna (sp?) which is on your left as you come down Clotes. If you book for dinner they will send skidoos for you, take you skis if it's a clear night and you don't mind skiing back down after a glass or two of vino.

Sauze is a grat base if you have transport, I would suggest that driving to Montgenevre is a better way to get there if you want to ski there, as skiing over will mean you get there just in time to come back. Serre Che is an easy drive (and I think PSV, tho I haven't been there).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Del Falco has re-opened since last (06/07) season. Same excellent food, and owners.
http://www.delfalco.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevin_higgins, interesting, could you clarify.

De Falco was leased to/run by Moncron Mark's brother but he was never the actual owner, who decided not to extend the lease. Is he back in then ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
He is back. I ate there last year, in March. It is a different location, further into the old town ~ 100m from the previous location. Vince who is Moncron Marc's brother is leasing the new premises. So I guess I meant lease-holders as opposed to owners. The food really is excellent. I'll be back Jan 26-28 (assuming the snow arrives!)

Salut,
Kevin.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Food at Del Falco is nice - but for more of an Italian experience it's worth trying Il Cantun del Barbabuc (10 course meals!!) or Del Borgo in the old town - great food at good prices and a really nice ambience.

Just found the link for one of them: www.delborgo.net
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think lots has changed in Sauze d'oulx since this was last written so I would take all that has been said with a pinch of salt, restaurants have moved and changed hands etc and the lift system is alot better then it used to be and so it seems is the snow record.....speaking to people it has been great over the last 3 years quite unbelievable but true....apres ski and bars are still abundant but you do not have to party all the time,.....and families like ours are more then welcome.

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE LOTS OF MONEY READ ON MY REVIEW

The Jones/ Macdonald families

Flew out from gatwick last Sunday 19 DECEMBER 2010, just made it so here we are in sauze d'oulx and we love it. Snow conditions are great and it keeps snowing so if you are on your way here for New year week you will have even better snow.
People are really friendly and everybody speak english, pizza and pasta fantastic, hotel good value for money and breakfast and dinner excellent......oh yes that is at the Gran Baita hotel.

So far so good you would say....well not exactly I am actually sitting here in a bar that offers wifi for free and writing this review because I am so angry at having been ripped off by Crystal with their pre booking prices. This is going on all the forums I can find, and read on on and you will not blame me for it.

We are 2 families traveling together, I opted to pre book all and pay £177 x 2 adult lift pass,1 x 7 year old free, 1x 9 year old £115 total lift pass £469 plus 2 x adult 2 x child ski and boot £264 plus 4 x ski school £444 all in all a massive big total of £1177.

My friend was a little bit cleverer then I am and booked everything on line with skiinitaly.com for less then 12% of what it cost me for exactly the same (if not better ski equipment) for only €1180 thats the equivalent of £1032, so their family has an extra £145 to spend in resort and also paid for everything once he got here whilst I have pre booked 8months ago!!

So if you are coming to Sauze d'oulx you will have a great time but just contact Christine@skiinitaly.com and book all your extras direct with her, 12% cheaper nowadays is a lot of money especially with a family of 4 Mad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmmmmm.......
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Worth a bump this, I went to Sauze earlier this year, with Inghams - and they were charging nearly a third again as much for lift pass and kit hire than you can get in resort. I also went with skiinitaly, but I saw kit hire advertised even cheaper. I understand that only recently, Italian laws regarding monopolies have been altered, freeing up more rooms in resort as you no longer HAVE to go with package companies. I suppose that this may have made prices more competitive. I felt ripped off by Inghams, and in fairness to our rep 'Kay', she refunded us the difference on our lift passes, but I was charged for cancelling kit hire with them to the extent I saved just pennies. I felt ripped off, and this year I've booked independently.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy