Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice/Suggestions/contacts/skibuddies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm taking a bit of a sabbatical starting in mid January and am looking for advice on the best way to spend some good time skiing and exploring some back country.

A bit about me:
34, strong skier, solid amount of off piste experience, had a touring set-up for a couple years but not done a lot of trekking (can get about on a snow board). Done avalanche rescue basics but nothing with ropes etc. I have saved a bit up but not an unlimited budget (and know how expensive resorts can be!)

Looking to get some challenging skiing in and have some fun.

I have a car so European road trip is an option (tempted by Chamonix which I've skied a few times) or alternatively have been considering further afield Japan or Kazakhstan etc...

Especially appreciate suggestions on more exotic places where it might be more affordable and would meet some like minded skiers.

Also very up for working as long as getting a decent amount ski time in.

Any recommendations suggestions or people who are interested in planning a trip with me much appreciated!

Cheers
Jack Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy