Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Squeezing in a break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I find myself with a free week in late Jan 2016. So... it seems like a good opportunity to squeeze in an uber cheap ski holiday. I was looking at http://www.fall-line.co.uk/five-of-our-favourite-journeys-to-the-slopes/ (the Slovenia bit). Cheap flight & short taxi ride seems encouraging.

I thought it might be workable if I could base myself somewhere and ski a different area each day. I've tried Googling, but I'm finding information surprisingly short on the ground! What I would really like is a suggestion for a base that gives good access to a few areas- preferably by cheap/ free/ quick transport each day. From the article, I understand I can get from Ljubljiana to Krvavec by a free bus (included with ski pass), but that's as much as I know. I found very affordable accommodation near Bled, but I'm not sure of the transport options.

Does anyone have experience/ knowledge of what I'm looking for? Would really appreciate some guidance peeps Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@faithsdaddy, if you are after an uber cheap week in Jan I would be inclined to book last minute.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickyJ- I'm going on my own and from my limited experience of late booking, prices are for 2 people for a week. I'm looking at 3-5 days on my Jack Jones Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@faithsdaddy, transport look at rome2rio.com

Accommodation, if you're organising yourself, you shouldn't have any issues over it being for two people...

http://www.booking.com/hotel/si/center-ljubljana.en-gb.html?aid=303948;label=ljubljana-J4wh17TBM1htl1OudE_OewS27319854021%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1230%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atiaud-85317449393%3Akwd-4285836141%3Alp1002857%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm;sid=5b3481686590621558e9e14ae7ea5da0;dcid=1;checkin=2016-01-25;checkout=2016-01-29;ucfs=1;room1=A;srfid=eb5621b82185c09790bb77b767cfe05f96600c43X4;highlight_room=

4 nights in Ljubljana, £130.

Sorted.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah - when you said week it fooled me Happy. Last minute bargains are definitely better for a whole week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A week would be fine, but Slovenia looks a bit limited for a week. Checking out Bourg for week long possibilities.

Doing all this research is a mixture of fun and hassle.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@faithsdaddy, probably fine for 3-5 days. I mean, I grew up skiing the Scottish stations and they're probably even smaller...

Flight prices are a big marginal cost...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@faithsdaddy, Depends on your budget £399 for a week in a catered chalet (wine and free bar included) is on offer (no single supplement) in LaPlagne. We have booked for the week but we only wanted/will use a few nights, was still the best deal around! Its a Sunday to Sunday deal with IceandFire so flights should be cheaper!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@faithsdaddy, The airport is actually much closer to Krvavec than to Ljubljana. But I would definitely recommend staying in Ljubljana or another town. Krvavec is a slope on the mountain, only accessible with a 10 min cable car ride. So there is no village or similar on the slope, and almost nothing to do there at night.
I think there are bus and shuttle connections from Ljubljana or Bled to Krvavec. With a car takes some 30 minutes from Ljubljana, a little more from Bled.
Krvavec is a nice ski slope, small, but not miniature. If you get bored there are other nice (also small) ones, all within one hour from Ljubljana, eg Kranjska gora and Vogel.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Krvavec sounds like a decent cheap option for a few days.

You can get a return flight from Luton for about £30 (no luggage), transfers would be virtually nothing. Basic accommodation around £125 for a week. Lift pass £90 for 6 days.

That's £250 for a week. Even if you added luggage and ski hire, you'd be looking at only £350.

Main drawback being that the resort has only 30km's of piste, so it's unlikely to keep you entertained for an entire week.

Also, it appears that the free bus only stops/picks up from car parks, so it's very much geared up as a park and ride resort. This could be problematic if your accommodation isn't within short walking distance from one of the pick up points.

There's a bus from Ljubljana which will take you to the resort, but i'm not sure i'd want to be adding a 30 minute bus journey to the start and end of my day's skiing (certainly not every day for a week).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy