Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Boot fitter- Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, read this forum all the time but have never posted before. I bought a pair of boots from a shop in Scotland 2 years ago (which will go unnamed) that ended up being a nightmare- £250 of pain and annoyance.

I am going to La Plagne next week and planning on getting a pair fitted in resort. Has anyone bought any out there or has any history getting some there? Would be great to hear some recommendations for boot fitters and where they are. Will be staying in Belle Plagne. Thanks in anticipation!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you ski down to Montalbert go into Les Etoiles de Sport (Ski Set) where Martin Cuchet (the owner) is an expert boot fitter (and former trainer for one of the French national teams). My son also works with their as a ski man / tech.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a full time boot fitter working in "El Pro" in Belle Plagne. El Pro is a big ski shop in the main commercial area in Belle Plagne just up the stairs from the Roche de Mio gondola mid station. I asked a local ski patroller for a recommendation when I had trouble with my boots last month and he recommended him to me. I asked for the boot fitter's name and he said in broken English, "There is only one. If he not there, come back when he there."
I did as he suggested and I was very happy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Big +1 for Martin at Les Etoiles de Sport in Montalbert.
For the really technical words he has a couple of staff very fluent in English Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had my boots fitted by a chap in 1800 in the Skiset franchise there - he was recommended by a few people in resort. I have wide feet and not a lot of ankle flex but my boots are pretty much great.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're thinking of buying I'd definitely recommend Boudu sports in Plagne 1800 - excellent ski shop run by proper skiers with loads of knowledge about what they sell.

If you're renting any of the ski shops will be good enough at fitting.

Either way, go in at a time when they aren't too busy and you're not in a rush so that you've got the time to be fitted properly and discuss options.

Good luck!
Heather
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Matin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for El Pro in Belle Plagne, sorted out an ongoing issue with severe ankle pain in my boots-very quickly and very cheaply. Don't know his name, young guy in glasses-looks a bit geeky but he knows his boots! Also recommended by our ski instuctor.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers! I've torn ligaments in both ankles and have found it hard to get boots to fit in the past. Hoping to be able to ski without continual boot problems.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep, the place I was referring to was Boudu Sports.. couldn't remember the real name!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry to bump, but does Martin in Les Etoiles do custom insoles/liners?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy