Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hows the snow in your resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well we are getting close to the start of the new season and it's time to start checking the webcams at the resorts we are heading to....if we haven't been doing that already Smile

We are heading out to Colorado a couple of times next year and it's already dumping over there!!

Just wondering where everyone is going, and have you started checking the webcams......or is that just me?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Deux Alpes is open this week for Toussaint. I've loads of friends there who have really lucked in, its been dumping down this week. Meanwhile I'm sitting at home in a very wet Peterborough reading their FB reports Sad

I'll be back out before the start of the season though and will start a L2A Snow thread then Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
l2a last weekend was great. dusting down to the jandri mid station but no way skiable, only the drags open on the glacier.

no snow in Chamonix at the moment, but then, no one expects snow in Chamonix at the moment!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zermatt has all summer skiing on the glacier but in October it opens down to Trockener Steg (2900m). The earliest it would open would have been 8 October. Because of one good dump it was able to open on the 10th, which is canny. However that run down is about two thirds on a glacier (all be it not one that could be skied in summer) and then the rest down to the lift station is helped by snow making. There has been one more good snow since then. The height and the fact it is north facing means it hangs onto the snow well. In fact the two dumps seem to be looking good as far down as 2500m. The rest of the runs (excluding possibly the very lowest ones into town) should (and probably will) open up at the end of this month.

The Italian side (Cervinia) opens up tomorrow as far down as Laghi Cime Bianche at 2800m. Actually despite being south facing that side is looking good as far down as Plan Maison at 2500m. I don't know if there are any plans to open up down to there before the general opening at the end of the month. Even if there is not I am out there in just over two weeks time and am happy with how things look for an early season stretch.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JohnMo, @JohnMo, Can you update with some photos and conditions from Zermatt once you arrive ?
I am due there on December 16th. I am entitled to free calculation until October 5th. if conditions are not improving. i may do so.

Ta

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 11-11-15 12:20; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A colleague was in Obergurgl over the weekend and said it was fantastic with empty slopes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Piste View, Its rather strange. if you check the website it doesn't look promising: http://www.obergurgl.com/weather-snow-report

Hance asking @JohnMo,
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gnave wrote:
@JohnMo, @JohnMo, Can you update with some photos and conditions from Zermatt once you arrive ?
I am due there on october 16th. I am entitled to free calculation until October 5th. if conditions are not improving. i may do so.

Ta

Will do. I assume you mean December not October. Next week is just the (non-skiing) wife and me. When we go back out on December 13 we will have two thirds of the offspring with us (plus one partner). That is their main, possibly only, ski of the season. I would be gutted if things were not in good shape by then. But as has been said on other threads one good dump in the next month would do it - two definitely would. Even cold night temperatures would allow the widespread snowmaking to do its stuff.

The Warren Smith Ski Academy do their November course in Cervinia (including using the Swiss Side of Plateau Rosa). You can get a good idea of how good conditions are from their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/WarrenSmithSkiAcademy/

If it is that good on the Italian side it will be even better on the pistes 71 and 72 down from Furggsattel. Both sides have had about the same amount of snow up high but the Swiss side will have lost less due to being North facing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a long thanksgiving weekend out of Denver coming up (nov 26 - 29), hoping that Taos, NM will get going by then but holding off on accomodation till last minute. Would like to try Wolf Creek which as per its rep seems to be doing well on snow so far.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Starting to look promising here in the PNW

http://crystalmountainresort.com/the-mountain/webcams/

It also looks good for possible Xmas week in Tahoe too. They are opening a week early.

http://www.skiheavenly.com/video-and-interactive/web-cams.aspx

More storms forecast for next week, so it's starting out with a lot of promise...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JohnMo wrote:
gnave wrote:
I am due there on october 16th. I am entitled to free calculation until October 5th. if conditions are not improving. i may do so.

Ta

Will do. I assume you mean December not October. Next week is just the (non-skiing) wife and me. When we go back out on December 13 we will have two thirds of the offspring with us (plus one partner). That is their main, possibly only, ski of the season. I would be gutted if things were not in good shape by then. But as has been said on other threads one good dump in the next month would do it - two definitely would. Even cold night temperatures would allow the widespread snowmaking to do its stuff.

The Warren Smith Ski Academy do their November course in Cervinia (including using the Swiss Side of Plateau Rosa). You can get a good idea of how good conditions are from their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/WarrenSmithSkiAcademy/

If it is that good on the Italian side it will be even better on the pistes 71 and 72 down from Furggsattel. Both sides have had about the same amount of snow up high but the Swiss side will have lost less due to being North facing.

@JohnMo,

December 13 is around the corner. can you please update with conditions and some photos ?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Espace Killy snow is great ato the momenr - skied 5,6,7 December and found it much better than we'd expected.

Good skiing on most lower runs - eg fine down to La Daille at 1800m; some worn/thin bits here and there; generally excellent at altitude; superb on highest runs.

Pistes very quiet and lovely weather too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy