Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Val d'Isere to Tignes and Vice Versa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are already booked to stay in Val d'Isere in March but my son now has the opportunity to do a race camp that week in Tignes. I really don't want to change our booking and trying to ski over and back everyday is unlikely to work. Is there a bus that runs between the two resorts and if there is when do the first and last bus run?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As far as I have heard there is a new bus between Val D and Tignes this year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gaza, i don't see any major problem with skiing over to Tignes every day. It just depends on when the Race Camp starts and where it is based. You can get to Tignes Lac in about 30 minutes. Think of it as a Warm-up. And you can eat your breakfast while riding down on the Tovier Gondola. Maybe not so quick or convenient if going to Claret,
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing would be quicker than bus. Val Claret's no problem either. One gondola, one chair, one nice fast blue.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 27-10-15 11:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I suspect you would need to drive round, the new bus just looks to be in the evening.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. We are staying right at the Gare Routière. What would be the quickest route to Tignes? Bus down to La Daille and then the Daille Gondola, Tommeuses and down Henri to Claret or Toviere lift to Lac?

If it is then it is much simpler than I thought. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gaza, Check with the coach for the camp whether it will be ok to turn up late. Looking at an old piste map, Tommeuses doesn't open until 9:15.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would have said funiculaire and down to Tommeuse then Henri. Or straight up the Olympique depending on how busy it is.

Hope the camp starts at 10 though...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All depends on start time, which week in March, how busy the buses are to the Centre (Olympique) or La Daille for the Funival, how good is junior at getting up and queuing to be on the first train/bubble.
I think Funi from La Daille will be marginally quicker than bubble with a shorter ski.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @chocksaway. It is w/c 20th March. Oscar is pretty good at getting up early when he has to. Esprit normally need them to be be kitted up and ready to go at 8:30 and he's managed it in the past. I'll speak to the organisers in the next few days to ascertain the plans. They are normally flexible with arrangements and may be able to tailor something for us.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think most racing is done in val claret by the tachot chair. Still pretty easy to get to on skis tommeuse chair then blue into val claret then the rope tow or walk. Simples.

Andy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chocksaway wrote:
I think Funi from La Daille will be marginally quicker than bubble with a shorter ski.

Hmmm. Bubble is a much shorter ski. I admit to bias as I don't much like crushing into the funicular. Too much like the Northern Line.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy