Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for some Preacher CL skis, but what?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping to be skiing on some Preacher CLs this winter but they will need bindings. I'm trying not to spend too much. I would like to use my AT boots, but I won't be doing any climbing in them.
My options are to.
-QK my dynafits off my Scott powdairs, cost around 2x£50 not sure about the brakes.
-swap or QK my f12s off my k2 hardsides that I've stopped using since I got the Scott's. Cost either £30 or £100 to QK. Maybe flog the hardsides without bindings!
-flog the hardsides with the f12s and buy some new bindings, dynafits or dukes, maybe lords. So say £200-350 for the new bindings, and around £200 for the hardsides, so net £0 to £150.

I've spotted some Marker Lord SPs anybody used them I have only just discovered that they will take an AT boot.
How much hassle is swapping bindings with QKs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have Lord SPs which are QK mounted. In order to swap the toe you have to remove the height adjustment bolt, lift off the adjustable toe part, then remove the 4 screws/bolts. In order to remove the heel you have to remove the brake, then remove the front and back pairs of screws/bolts. You may have to move the heel backwards/forwards on the track to allow clear access. The toe height adjustment works fine, but I was at the limit of the vertical ADF plate adjustment on my Atomic Waymaker Tours, which don't have a massive rockers.

Maybe the Salomon Warden would be a better bet, the height adjustment certainly looks to be easier with a simple vertical bolt. I have seen them new for less than £150 with choice of brake width.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PowderAdict, thanks a lot, I wasn't aware of the Warden, my Scarpas have a decent rocker. I will have a look at them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jbob, The Wardens came out the year after the Lords, otherwise I would have probably bought them instead. The Wardens did not hit the market with the same fanfare that the Lords did in the 13/14 season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PowderAdict, I've spotted some in SnR for £119 but no mention of brake size, just says free ride? I'll ring them tomorrow. Don't need anything too chunky so they could be ideal.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Job done. Got some 115 Wardens from Epic Ski at £122 delivered. Thanks PA
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy