Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2016 Skiing with Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Advice please for best European resort for kids aged 7 and 5 together with wife who is a nervous intermediate. The children have skied a couple of times and have had some lessons at Chill Factore.

Looking for somewhere cheapish most likely self catering as considering travelling out by train.

I'm currently considering Alpe d'Huez but wondered if anybody had alternative suggestions.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Plagne. Bellecote has loads of apartments to book online - cheap as chips.
Risoul would be great but harder to get to by train.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree La Plagne - my kids are too inexperienced at the moment but if yours are confident this is a good resort at decent altitude - went mid April this year and conditions were still good . . .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If travelling by train choose a resort close to a railway station. IMHO Alpe d'Huez is too far from Grenoble. Having sadi that it is of course much closer to a train station than an airport. And yes I would add my support to La Plagne which I beleive to be better for nervous intermediates than its neighbour, Les Arcs. With Easter being the end of March I imagine any of the large French resorts would be good
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try:

http://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/ski-resorts
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@altykorf, welcome to SnowHeads

Take a look at Vallandry, is part of Les Arcs ski area but is smaller and quieter resort. Mainly self catering and family orientated. Lots of easy skiing for kids and nervous adults from lift out of village.

Took our kids there when they were 4 and 2, still going there ten years on

Oh and easy to get to from Bourg station
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@altykorf, la plagne +1
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@altykorf, welcome

vallendry +1
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy