Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Skis - any opinions / thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone Movement Skis or had any experience with?

Newish company I understand, are they equal to other brands but with a lower profile name?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They've been around for 5yrs+ AFAIK, pretty decent skis.

snowshepherd sells them, and has brought them along to sH tests in the past - he could give you plenty of advice on them:
http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Categories/Skis_and_Bindings

I tested a few pairs about 3 years ago and personally didn't find any I was too keen on, but I know a lot of enthusiastic fans of them. I think the line-up has changed and been refined over the past couple of years - I would like to have another look and test at some point, despite not needing any more skis snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

They've been around for 5yrs+ AFAIK, pretty decent skis.

More like 15-ish to be honest!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got two pairs, some 169 Flames from 2007 that I loved so much I bought a pair of 2008 183 Gladiators from @the_doc. Great skis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had the Movement Jams for a couple of seasons.

Excellent performance and durability.

Highly recommended.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@1969jma, I have some black roses from 2007 I think. Nice skis, I like and would recommend. They are pretty light.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought the Movement Jams (with NTN Telemark Bindings in my case) earlier this year and like them very much. According to Fall-Line magazine (and I see the Movement link here on snowHeads) the new season replacement for the Jams is the Player.

Incidentally Movement are a Swiss based company (hence their logo is an apple with a white cross on it Very Happy ) but their ski factory is located in Tunisia! (which doubtless has cheaper labour rates than Switzerland but still produces excellent skis). Madeye-Smiley . Having ski factories in somewhat cheaper labour countries isn't confined to Movement though, the highly esteemed Whitedot skis are manufactured in the former Burton factory in Poland, for more info on where skis are actually made see this thread.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 26-10-15 18:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@1969jma, I've had a couple of pairs of Movement skis - Flame, and Thunder. The Flame 179cms was a lovely "do-most-things-on-piste-okay" kind of ski I found slightly "dead" at some speeds rather than nimble. But the build quality was excellent. The Thunders 186 were a battleship of a ski, stiff, solid, and destroyed all in its path straight-lining. A real blast! I've heard good things about the Jam, but not skied that model. I did demo for a day one of the 2015/16 models (I forget the name, but it was wedge-shaped at the front and skied all to cock!).

Just be careful of what you buy, these skis are relatively expensive.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've a pair of Le Fer; their piste ski.

Really like them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have 3 pairs of Movement skis, Jams 2010, Logic's 2012 and Buzz 2015. the Jam has been my most used ski with the logic's only being used a couple of times for day tours. the jams performs excellently, I've skied them on piste but mostly off and they've been great fun. The Buzz were bought at the end of this years season so have not skied them but the reviews all seem to be good
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I still have a pair of 2004 Movement Pow Pows, my first dedicated off piste ski though at 193cm long and 125-92-113mm are narrower than my "one ski quiver" now!

Quality build, real chargers in their day, loved them to bits but were an handful on a crowded slushily bumped piste, trying to get back to resort after a long powder day.

No idea of the current line up though........

(I did regret not getting the orange Dynatar Pro-riders of the same vintage but I got the Pow Pows so cheap of the rep, I couldn't resist!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy