Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any experience with Full Tilt Growth Spurt or Roces Idea boots for Kids?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've decided to bite the bullet and buy skis and boots for my boys aged 8 and 12 as we are skiing twice this year plus have a smaller daughter waiting in the wings so all kit can get passed down. I'm looking at these expandable boots - from what I have read the Full Tilt review slightly better and are warmer but would be interested in any recent real life reviews? Eldest son also has extremely wide G+ feet …

Any advice very welcome please!!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm interested too (for my son). For £80-£100 they are good value if you can get two or three seasons out of them. However, I think he's a mondo 22 now which is right in the middle of small and large. Will take him to try on some boots in our local ski shop
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got my son the full tilt and my daughter the roces and both of them just fit into the smallest size. So hopefully they will last a few years. They haven't used them yet, but I intend to take them to the dome to try them out before we go skiing at xmas.
The full tilt do look slightly better, but I'll report back once they've used them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just start them off with 3 pairs of socks and remove one each season Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IIRC RobW and davkt both used this type of boot with their kids and hopefully will see this thread Smile

Or try a search as it's definitely come up before a few times Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My daughter used a pair of Roxa Chameleon expandable boots for 2 or 3 years of winter hols and snowdome skiing and was perfectly happy with them (when I find hem they will be for sale, plenty of life left in them!). Great customer service from Roxa as well, she lost the tongue out of one of them at the fridge, emailed Roxa asking where I could buy a replacement and 3 days later 2 arrived in the post from Italy along with a couple of sheets of stickers, no charge.
Oh and should say darling daughter is a pretty good little skier thanks to Easiski and the boots coped fine with the demands of being one of Charlotte's hot tots, by the end of the second week the pistes were mostly used just find find more interesting places to ski!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 25-10-15 15:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My 3 kids all had Roces adjustable boots and they were excellent. They never moaned about putting them on anyway which is worth the money alone.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another recommendation for the Roxa boots.

They've saved me a fortune in last 3 years, oldest daughter has just outgrown them and handed them down, hopefully will keep no.2 going for next 3 years!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for the Roxas. Bought some from SportsDirect for next to nothing last year, my daughter is very happy in them - comfortable, warm feet, and she seems to ski pretty well in them. Only possible issue might be durability, they've got a couple of sizeable gashes from her edges as she unclips. But 15 days in, no problem yet.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh and looking back at some old posts about the Roxas I said they looked identical to the full tilts and guesses they came out of the same factory/moulds after I'd seen the Full Tilts at one of the shows. Chloe's lasted 3 winter trips to the mountains and probably 3 or 4 times that in fridge time and still have plenty of life in them so I'd have no concern about durability.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My daughters use the Roces Idea adjustable boots, and have had no problems (other than complaints when their feet have grown and I haven't adjusted the boots already). They're probably not the warmest boots around, and I wonder whether the liners will pack out over the lifetime of the boots being handed down from one child to another, and used for a few years by each child, particularly as ours ski all year round rather than just one week a year.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've put maybe 50-60 days on our first pair of roces between my son and my daughter. They are still usable although pretty battered - will hand them onto a friend once my daughter graduates. Excellent piece of kit, they are just at the stage where the heel plates are wearing out but will probably do a few more weeks with some patching.

I found the sizes were an underestimate by 0.5-1.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My daughter's Roxas are up for sale now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy