Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2015 - 16

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the tip with the service, dropped them off yesterday afternoon at Sport 2000 and they were done by 6pm. It was at their suggestion due to the tractors-tractors-tractors-and-assorted-stuff market that seemed to be going on today!

Skied Zauchensee yesterday, Flachau today, Obertauern earlier in the week and Altenmarkt/Radstadt on Sunday. Snow at Flachau today was excellent, hard packed this morning (service helped a bit here!) and only softening slightly later on despite the warm temperatures. Did a few laps of Flying Mozart in the afternoon and was surprised at how nice it was at the bottom - barely any slush at all. Bottom of AchterJet was a bit damp but I guess it gets a bit more sun. Rest of it was brilliant.

Tomorrow we're having a day off and heading into Salzburg for a look about. No luck with the washing machine here (it's an airbnb) but there's plenty of laundromats in Salzburg so will be able to fix this.

After that it's down to Lake Bled for the weekend before our final week in Mauterndorf. Not sure what to expect here, but it looks like there is easy access to Obertauern and some other smaller little areas to have a go at.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Had two great days with blue skies and good snow into the afternoon....great to be back in Ski Amade area and seeing Flangesax and family again....photo here is Fageralm today...note the crowds
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Middle runs at Zauchensee...Very enjoyable....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another question... are the supermarkets open for normal hours on Good Friday? Would be looking to shop late afternoon/early evening if we have to.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hammerite, Google mpreis and spar Flachau offnung
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@hammerite, check the opening hours on the door as they will be open BUT the hours of opening will probably be limited. I forgot to look at the M-Preis when I was in there yesterday but I did notice something on the door maybe listing opening times.

If you are skiing Altenmarkt on Thursday afternoon, then going back to Flachau via Reitdorf will take you back past 3 big supermarkets that will have normal opening on that day - 2 Spars and an enormous M-Preis just before the Amadé Therme
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Late starter, lovely pics but for the induced neck ache... Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@holidayloverxx, @Samerberg Sue, thanks. Looks like normal opening hours, although showing that hours are limited in Easter Monday in a couple of the shops.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nomen est omen

I had a super ski day at the Loferer Alm on Friday, lunching in the sun at Haus Gertraud. The pistes were pretty quiet and the snow still in good condition, only softer lower down (away from the pistes wasn't so inviting).

As well as the great areas for beginners and intermediates the Loferer Alm does offer some more challenging runs. One area, separate from the main area, is served by the Postalm T-bar, which starts near the middle station of the gondolas. There are impressive views at the top...

There is a not very difficult black piste down from there and a red run through a gully that I find more interesting...

The run down on the left from the top of the Grubhörndl T-bar is also good. It used to be classed a black piste but now it is shown as a ski route...

There is some serious off-piste on the other side of the T-bar (the right side when going up it) but the so-called ski route is still the track it always was, picturesque through the trees, quite narrow in places and polished and icy at spots. However, if you make it your last run of the day, it does offer the advantage of saving having your arms pulled off on the rope tow to reach the valley run (which was still skiable on Friday though not wildly attractive lower down)...

I asked a lifty if there were any plans to upgrade Section II of the gondolas but that doesn't seem to have been decided yet - depends on the finances, he said.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Late starter, lovely to meet you for an evening. We've had 2 scorching days but the pistes are in really good nick here in Radstadt. Just seen a wee boy find the tiny puddle of wet in the centre of the Gondola flat zone. It was like a hole in 1 where you can see it's going to happen for 5 seconds before it does. At least his mum was laughing too. Did the sledging yesterday. Completely mental Shocked A few clouds still and much quieter today. Have had both the 8 and 10 seater gondola cabins to myself. The Hochbifangban is the comfiest gondola I've been on. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not in the Ski Amade but Obertauern very near Schladming weather right now...https://imgur.com/a/sYK7x

Epic snow... Hoping the visibility improves later for some great powder.

Snow drifts are covering cars at the moment.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A little lower here in Radstadt there was 3 inches on the deck chair left on the terrace. Snowing heavily on the mountain still. Stayed here today as plenty of trees! Who said altitude was important at Easter Razz
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Over the pass in Mauterndorf it looks like Obertauern is stealing all the snow! A bit of snow here but maybe 4cm on the ground.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@driz, today's weather is from ne so probably doesn't get much further south than obertauern.the table could be turned at the weekend with weather coming in from the south.

A decent 15cms of powder in schladming made for some fine off Piste this morning. Not bottomless but my skis make easy work of it. Still some snow showers about and the wind picking up.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No more snow please. Just wall to wall sunshine from Saturday !! Cool Cool
latest report
Arrived yesterday lunch time. Having been up since 2.30am we were a bit cream crackered, so changed the original plan of an afternoon skiing Altenmarkt/Radstadt. We managed to get in to the apartment early, so got sorted there and went up from the Achterjet at 3pm on passes that start today.

It was snowing just a couple of hundred metres above town. Snowing looking out of the window right now, where it was raining when we closed the curtains last night. Best get on with breakfast and get out there.
snow report
@hammerite, have a great day. We'll arrive around 6.30 as we are popping to altenmarkt first
snow report
In obertauern at the moment, snowing. Visibility and wind not too bad around schaidberg lift but I dare not move beyond that!

The black runs coming off that lift were in brilliant condition about 2 hours ago! Now getting quite bumpy, still lots of snow but occasional harder / icy patches.

Looking forward to the forecast sun..!
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, it wasn't you unloading a car with British plates at about 7-ish was it? We walked past after leaving the Dampfkassel to head to Mpreis and then the Spar only to find they both shut at 6pm!
latest report
@hammerite, yep that was us! I wondered if that was you. Do you need anything for breakfast ..or beer?give us a knock. Mpreis will be open tomorrow afternoon
ski holidays
No we're fine for brekkie (and beer!), was going to get some extra bits but nothing desperate. Will give you a knock tomorrow eve.
ski holidays
As good a spring day of piste bashing as you can get. Skied Radstadt/Altenmarkt early on, hard, fast (for me!) and quiet. Then up to Fageralm for the afternoon, easy to see why @Samerberg Sue likes it so much. Even though it was sunny and warm there was very little moguly porridge to contend with.
latest report
Not skied today ( which hasn't happened in a long time, if ever, on a ski trip of mine ) so can only comment on the snow conditions from a sledging point of view. Soft. But I have had one of the best days ever on a ski trip today. Went up to the Dachstein glacier. If you ever get the chance, go.......simples. A highlight of my skiing career to date was riding on the roof of the cable car on the way down !!!!! Thank you @flangesax for a great day Happy
snow report
What areas are open after the 3rd?

I know Bad Gastein (Stubnerkogel) is open till the 10th and Sportgastein (Fri and Sat after the 10th) till 1st May.
snow report
@snowheads68, Flachau and hauser kaibling till 10th. Haven't looked at anything else.
snow report
Some closing info...

Zauchensee / Flachau Winkl:
- until 10.04.2016: lifts are operating in Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl - connection to Flachauwinkl is opened
- from 11.04.2016 until 17.04.2016: Lift operation on Gamskogel in Zauchensee, Flachauwinkl is closed.
Changes due to weather or snow-situation are possible.

Reiteralm - 17th April
Planai / Hochwurzen / Hauser Kaibling - April 10th
Flachau - 10th April
Wagrain - 10th April
Fageralm - 3rd April
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, we skied Flachau yesterday. Hit the Achterjet at the wrong time (ski school starting time) and I feared the worst as it seemed busier and warmer than usual.

I have to say though I was pleasantly surprised all day. Whilst it did get soft after lunch there were no huge mounds of slush to deal with at any point.
snow conditions
Timberwolf wrote:
Not skied today ( which hasn't happened in a long time, if ever, on a ski trip of mine ) so can only comment on the snow conditions from a sledging point of view. Soft. But I have had one of the best days ever on a ski trip today. Went up to the Dachstein glacier. If you ever get the chance, go.......simples. A highlight of my skiing career to date was riding on the roof of the cable car on the way down !!!!! Thank you @flangesax for a great day Happy

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Overnight freeze meant lovely piste this morning. Very quiet this week. A couple of lower slopes now closed but the black in to Schladming still open. Forecast says Could snow wed night through to sat but we'll see.
ski holidays
Off to Obertauern for the first time on 9th snowHead
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, currently forecast looking mcuh colder and snowier from thursday night. A

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/obertauern
snow report
@waynos, yeah I noticed earlier on. Happy Days.
latest report
@waynos,you can breathe easy, you didn't miss Powder Saturday!

I went up to Haus today, there was some really lovely powder, but nowhere near what Berfex estimated, however, we always knew that would be the case wink Played about in Paradise but the fog came in so strong at one point I actually ended up completely lost which was quite scary as I was almost the only person on the hill. It was much colder today, last day over there tomorrow. If anyone is out the snow was lovely, possible to ski all the way down to Haus valley, really wonderful hero snow. On the Schladming side however I think they gave up, none of the pistes were bashed, really ugly frozen lumps and bumps, lots of closed runs.

Last day of the season here for Flachau so will give that a go tomorrow if anyone is still here and fancies it.

And just so Waynos dosnt feel like he missed the Last Big Dump, here it is, in all its glory!

ski holidays
Quote:

@waynos,you can breathe easy, you didn't miss Powder Saturday!

I would like to officially challenge that!

Wagrain had at least 15cm fresh in places.
I was with friends and kids so didn't get to explore a lot but what I did was pretty epic.
Only problem was I could have been in the Big O!
ski holidays
@Kooky, I was just thinking what did I miss. Sounds better than yesterday but the fog still lingering. We had a pretty clear run to Luxembourg. Thanks for the updates guys. Keep me posted on the big O for last weekend blast
snow report
@flangesax, I was trying to make him feel better, what kind of a mate are you anyway? Twisted Evil
snow report
@Kooky, it's okay, I just ignore what he says anyway Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@waynos, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy