Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2015 - 16

Poster: A snowHead
@hammerite, a Czech family owns 2 rentals in my block. Do you have the actual address?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kooky wrote:
Its been dumping down all night and all morning!

Anyone heading out this week is in for a lovely week of powder
Madeye-Smiley

I had a quick ski yesterday at Wagrain/Flachau, everything good although the mid station downward was pretty soft.
Temps seem to have dropped a little bit now though. The resort was still very busy yet the town is really dead at night, obviously lots of folk getting early nights in to enjoy the skiing!

Yay! That will be me then! snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And me!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, the Planai certainly delivered today. Got first lift up and was rewarded with those powder turns where you go weightless.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
We have booked a 4 day trip to Flachau from the 17th and are looking at staying in the Alpenarena Hotel at the bottom of the world cup piste and as this looks like the only route to ski back to the hotel at the end of the day I just wondered how it is to ski.
I know that being a world cup piste doesn't mean it must be by necessity really tough but I would appreciate some perspective.
Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Steve.S, it's a nice run. It's used as a ladies slalom run not downhill.also you can download on the star jet 1 lift
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Steve.S, not tough at all. Its a red , I skied it yesterday and it was very "granular" as its quite warm again here thats probably the only horrible thing about it. It never seems to get as busy as the run over by the gondola, plus you come out right by the Hofstadl which is lovely for a bit of Apres Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@holidayloverxx, @Kooky, hope to catch up with you both for snow/beers/both! snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queen bodecia, absolutely!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, 158. The chap who owns the place has a German/Austrian name but I could be mistaken.

@Steve.S, agree with the others about the run, it's perfectly fine. Not too steep and very wide.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@queen bodecia, for sure! I am off Sat until Thur so plenty of time xx
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@hammerite, yep...That's us. We will arrive about 4ish tomorrow.. I'll pm my number
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best powder of the season for me today at Zauchansee. 10-15cms on top of cut up powder from a few days ago. Great to eventually meet up with kooky and co after some faffing. Snowing quite steadily and more so in the afternoon, snowing hard in Schladming town this evening should make for a real good powder day tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lovely day of fresh snow up at Wagrain also. Viz a bit iffy in places but so much fun. Still snowing!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, just for info in case you are running up and down the stairs calling for hammerite, They are out over Easter weekend not this current one I believe! wink Laughing Laughing

March is delivering its usual pre-Easter top up, still not stopped snowing (started yesterday evening and has continued all day with varying intensity. Loads of lovely soft stuff to fall into and make snow angels! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
@Samerberg Sue, yeah...I realised! We will catch up with him at easter
snow conditions
I can't agree with the snow reports today. Flachau was shite. Terrible vis, slush by 10.30 but did get colder later and just generally very hard work. Hoping for better as the week goes on
ski holidays
Glad to hear the snow has kept falling.

@holidayloverxx, Only 3 weeks to wait! Although I would love to be out this week (it's going to be a long one at work!). Have a great week.
latest report
@hammerite, if the snow keeps coming and the Temps go low it will be awesome at easter
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, time you got yourself some off-piste and mogul lessons wink
[edit] and get your arsch out of Flachau Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@flangesax, yeah yeah. .. I can ski the lumps. ..slowly ...but I like to be able to see them!

Will go further afield during the week. We are going to pop over to altenmarkt at some point as MrHL has never been, also Hauser
ski holidays
Awesome powder - best of season for me but I suspect for the mountain too. Another 20+ cms overnight of dry powder, even turned the town white again. Skied Planai and Haus with @Kooky, and her Faffer. Some really amazing untracked powder runs from 8:30am til 5pm. Legs a tad tired now. Snowing steadily again this evening.
snow report
Can hardly believe all this fabulous new snow. Doesn't feel like spring at all.
ski holidays
@waynos, thanks for being Our Leader again and showing us some amazing untracked lines, you are the man when it comes to Schladming off piste Smile

Scarpa and me were just saying that drop in on the north face by Haus was probably best line we had all season....EPIC Madeye-Smiley

Will try and upload some pics for you all, it was truly amazing today.

@holidayloverxx, seriously, @waynos, is right. The off piste was absolutely sweet, the moment we got on piste it was F****++g horrible, big lumpy moguls, ice, dirt, slush, bleurgghhh!
ski holidays
Kooky wrote:
@waynos, thanks for being Our Leader again and showing us some amazing untracked lines, you are the man when it comes to Schladming off piste Smile

You guys manage pretty well without me.

Kooky wrote:

The off piste was absolutely sweet, the moment we got on piste it was F****++g horrible, big lumpy moguls, ice, dirt, slush, bleurgghhh!
Laughing
latest report
Just for info... after skinning uphill for 20 mins we were cursed with unlimited horrible untracked powder. It was almost as terrible as a Flachau blue run to the bottom station at four thirty wink

Kooky blasting the turns

Kooky and Waynos about to drop in to a nice shady north face

Kooky shortly after Waynos mentioned that things may get a little tight
snow report
@Scarpa, superb! Very Happy
ski holidays
Still snowing this morning - quite strong even in town. Another good powder day on the cards, for those that can - I can't for 2 weeks Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought there was a not-the-weather thread for Ski Amade but I couldn't find it so apologies for the slightly OT post here...

I'm in Zell am See at the moment, heading to Altenmarkt on Saturday for our next week touring around with SSS card... is there a laundromat anywhere within say 30 minutes of Altenmarkt? Not sure our next apartment has a washing machine Sad

Also, any recommendations on where to get skis serviced?

Forecast is looking pretty good at the moment too! Smile
latest report
@driz, I looked and the best I could find was the phenix laundry on St Johann but it's not open on Saturdays.
snow conditions
@driz, There are a few ski shops on the main Altenmarkt high street, any of them will do fine for a service. I have used Schneiders Intersport 2000 when I didn't have my own kit with me and they did a good job.
latest report
@driz, no "Laundromats" nearer than Salzburg I'm afraid. Wait and see if your apartment has a washing machine. It should be listed on the apartment specifications page by the way. Depends on how much you need to wash as well as what - smalls, socks, etc can be hand washed. There is a dry-cleaner that will do jackets and ski/snowboard trousers but they are only open from Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings. They are on the right-hand side at the east end of town; drive past the church towards the main road to Schladming just after an electrical the cleaners is set back from the road in a pretty decorated house

Ski servicing - probably Sport 2000 (Weitmoser) in the middle of town are your best bet, deliver the skis in the evening and collect them again from 8.00/8:30 from the shop I've had some problems after I left my skis at Intersport Schneider a couple of times - hooking the main problem so they don't seem to be too fussy with the grinder settings or angles
ski holidays
Why I much prefer to do my own tuning. @Samerberg Sue, sounds like the tech forgot to check for a burr, easy to feel with a thumb nail scrap, takes seconds to remove.
snow conditions
Fabulous day at altenmarkt. ...We'll afternoon by the time we stirred and got out after a big night at the musistadl. Pistes held up really well on slightly slushy right at the bottom later on. Glorious!
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, did you spot any wild animals on the piste???? Ange
ski holidays
@flangesax, weird and wonderful creations!
latest report
@Scarpa, I know what they did wrong and they have done it twice now but I get my skis serviced for me by experts elsewhere for nowt as well! The last service (this week) for 2 pairs cost us 20 Euro and I did not have all that faff either! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Hello all,

We arrive next Friday and will hopefully be in the area by 11.30-12ish. Thinking of heading straight to Altenmarkt to ski there for the afternoon. Didn't notice last time we were there, but is there a lift pass office at the lift?
snow conditions
@hammerite, yes there is at both the Hochbifangbahn and Königslehenbahn.
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, great thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy