Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 6-11-15 13:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These are their quoted Quals I'd research and start there.: (my view for what its worth is: not experienced enough general ski off piste, Not experienced locally ski/mountain, not experieced enough locally culturally - therefore even a whopping discount over Black Diamond Lodge (goggle) couldn't justify the saving over safety/experience - assuming your aims and mine are the same obv!)

Qualifications:
NZSIA 2 Ski Instructor, NZSIA 1 Snb Instructor, AST Level 1, Wilderness First Aid, SAJ Level 2
Picture

Qualifications:
APUL Level B, AST Level 1, Wilderness First Aid

Qualifications:
NZSIA 2 Ski Instructor, SAAC Avi Course
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm also dubious about the brand endorsement that links Scott etc to the product page - the implication that Scott, Patagonia is endorsing them but I'm not exactly clear what that means.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Google is your friend - I would nt be paying these guys the $2000 for this :

http://www.wintersportscompany.com/about-the-winter-sports-company/snowboard-ski-instructor-qualifications/nzsia-ski-instructor-qualifications/

"NZSIA Ski Instructor Qualifications
NZSIA Level 1
The Ski Level One qualification is an entry level course aimed at people interested in joining the snowsports industry. A Level One Ski Instructor is certified to teach first time skiers to advanced wedge turns.

NZSIA Level 2
The Ski Level Two qualification is for instructors wanting to progress within the snowsports industry to teaching students from wedge parallel turns to advanced parallel turns. To take the level two exam candidates must already possess a Ski Level One certificate or an equivalent foreign qualification. A level two instructor you can teach up to advanced parallel turns.

NZSIA Level 3
The Ski Level Three qualification is for instructors wanting to progress within the snowsports industry to teach in all mountain situations. A level three instructor is fully certified to teach all levels of skier up to advanced and expert, The minimum requirement to take part in the level three exam is ski level two or an equivalent foreign qualification."
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not heard of them.

There are many companies guiding on Hokkaido who don't have UIAGM certified guides.

They're going to all the usual haunts and their promo looked slick.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey skiers, this is Vojta from Sherpas Ride. I would like to comment on some of the topics in this thread.
1) Regarding the certificates, we have Josef Simunek leading our Hokkaido Road Trip. He is heliskiguide UIAGM Certified. He is long-life mountaineer, who stood 5 times on 8000m peak and guided guests on all continents.
2) Brands on our webpages. These are simple our friends or partners, who support us with material (skis, avi equipment, ABS backpacks etc). Unlike most of other companies, we have this ready for our guests in Japan, so you don't have to spend money on rental or bringing them to Japan.
3) Places we go. On our Hokkaido Road Trip we tackle resorts and backcountry in SW Hokkaido (Rusutsu, Kiroro, Yotei, Shirebetsu, Niseko Backbowl) and then go to Central Hokkaido to ski backcountry of Furanodake or Kurodake. We spend lot of time preparing this itinerary and think this is the best you can get in 9 days in Hokkaido if you want 50% lift access and 50% ski-touring.
We are for sure open for new ideas too.
Hope this helped. Cheers and enjoy your winter! Vojta
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy