Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trousers for short legs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Tremblant in 4 weeks on our first family ski trip (I'm the novice). Can anyone advise on jackets/trousers that don't cost a fortune but will do the job adequately?

PS I'm 4ft 11 and have tried on loads of trousers that are about a mile too long (even kids ones - any ideas?)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads LUCYH snowHead

For good value, high performance gear, you could do worse than check out the Keela stuff in snowShops

As someone that's worn one for 4 seasons now, I can recommend their jackets wholeheartedly.
Not sure what to advise about the trrousers though - just how long/short are those legs? After all, there are kids of so many sizes... for example, I don't expect a 3yr old's romper snow-suit would be too long (or would it Shocked )

If u want to send me your measurments by Private Message, I'll see which Keela sizes appear to match u.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

If u want to send me your measurments by Private Message

Poor LUCYH. First post and already she's got the pervert wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing Im sure the jacket will be much easier to find than the trousers. Have you tried snow and rock and ellis-brigham. You could try phoning them and seeing what they advise for someone of your height. 4'11" isnt that short that you should have to go into kids clothing anyway. If you do its not really a great loss anyway as there is so much to chose from due to those pesky teenagers being so up to date with their fashions. rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LUCYH, another snowheads Linds is around your height and I'm not that much taller. I get kids pants, but have found ladies ones that are OK once you're wearing your ski boots. (Columbia I think). I think Linds gets kids ski pants too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank u maggi NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As long as you buy ski trousers without zips on the bottom a good seamstress will take them up for about £10. I find that this is only way i can get fixed up.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LUCYH, If you have a Decathalon near you, try that - the French are shorter in general, and many shorties find the fit much better. If they're not waterproof you can take them up yourself if necessary, but you will need to remove the tough inside leg lining first if you only have a normal machine.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Linds is around your height and I'm not that much taller.

I am sure I was taller than you Helen NehNeh
LUCYH, I am way taller than you at 5'1"
Trespass in Milton Keynes have a sale on of all there junior ski kit, there used to be a couple of good shops in Oxford that stocked ski kit see if they have junior trousers much cheaper than adults and you can still get all the brand names in them Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Linds, snowHead , munchkins all together then. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm only five feet short and find that White Stuff fits. They are a bit expensive but have a good sale on at the moment, they also do mail order. You can find them easily via Google.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks for the info from everyone, White Rock is looking good for leg length (27") but rather large waist sizes so far, will keep hunting on the net.....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski,

"the French are shorter in general, and many shorties find the fit much better." Is that reallyture or is it an urban myth easiski? I don't have a problem with it just wondering ina saddo general trivia kind of way.

My friend who is pretty short buys kids clothes. Not sure quite how short she is but think she has found reasonable Columbia gear in TK Maxx and somehwere else I can't remember. Once ski boots are on they won't seem as long as when you are just wearing socks in the shop.

Sorry if this is no help - male who is not especially short trying to be helpful.

Have a great trip Lucy!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy