Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2-3 january, to book or wait

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've seen a couple of ski deals for andora ,italy and france . Just wondering weather to book now or wait until nearer to the time.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd wait, best week of the year for late deals in the past
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wait.quietest week of the season and lots of deals at the last min.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. Wait, and then be flexible. Snow cover is not a given so early in the season
The east might be better than the west. The south than the north. Or vice versa.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im going on the 16th and going to wait till the last minute, but wondering about booking flights to geneva now to save some cash later on as its the flights that are often hard to come by. Only prob with this is it limits the areas to look for last min deals in and also rules out a lot of the TO deals as they often include the flights
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep wait til last minute for those dates
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
adithorp wrote:
Wait.quietest week of the season and lots of deals at the last min.
I'll just disagree on a technicality here.
It used to be the quietest week until the Russians started skiing in Europe. It's Russian New Year so that pushes demand up a bit. Moreso in some resorts than others, of course. I'd say the 2nd week of Jan is now 'officially' the quietest but still, that first week always has lots of slack for last minute deals.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ive been that week most years and not had any snow problems.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@medlington, you're right, that's the dilemma. You'll need to decide whether to go for a TO deal or to go DIY in which case booking flights makes sense. DIY style accommodation won't have much in the way of last minute deals. It's a low rent time of year and many folk will leave apartments empty rather than accept a silly price.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget the rate of the ruble. I'm hoping that week will be cheap and empty with the russkis staying at home.

I will also add it's Xmas day on 7th Jan, New Years Day is Jan 1st. In 2 yrs or so it'll be part of the same week. A lot seem to go back to work on the 8th so back to normal for cheap week.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Russian holiday might have a big impact on some resorts, but they are a small minority.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
even in Chamonix we haven't found Russian New Year to have much of an impact.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fewer Russian's about too, given the current state of their economy and the exchange rate....But I agree-a couple of years ago I was in St Anton from about 5th Jan and it didn't feel quiet at all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The best deal will be with a TO that includes flight and transfer, there are a lot of accommodation only deals that are not so cheap when flights and transfers are added
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy