Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So where's this then?

Poster: A snowHead
One clue...

- I haven't left Paradiski (Les Arcs/La Plagne) all day - I took the photo today.

Too easy really! wink

If you have broadband, here's a 1MB version of the pic, (3500 x 2325 px).....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, It looks like the Altiport at Courchevel, which means you must been in/around Champagny...or not Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with snowbunny,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, too easy! Doesn't look too crowded on the pistes. Wonder if Alastair's one of the skiers? Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, great picture. I'm not in it, unfortunately - not been too well for the past few days. Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, That is a very good camera you have, not surprised that you are worried about carrying it around skiing though, it's a bit big!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's La Roz you muppets . . . that's one hell of a lens PG Shocked (tripod ?)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, hey! a picture of my favourite restaurant Cap Horn. Looking forward to lunch there next April Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, no, hand-held with 'vibration reduction', and yes snowbunny, it's a bit big, and I have nothing further to say on the subject wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair, Are you on the mend?, Wazzup. Have missed your postings.

POG to you have some pisteurs carry the lens in a blood wagon. Great shot. Am exploring the photo with piste map in hand.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I reckon Masque's right, y'know. not 100% certain, but PG reckons not.

looking at google earth has convinced me. the angle of view is wrong for Courchevel Altiport, for one.

Have you got google earth Pete? If so, show us where you took that pic. if not download then see previous Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've downloaded the 1meg picture and if you zoom in you can see 5 skiers waiting to get on the Chanrossa chair in the very top left of the shot. Now that is bloody impressive
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

I think that's close to the framing of PG's shot.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, No, not La Roz Embarassed (there's a tunnel under the runway here and the sun's wrong for) Is it looking over to La Tania from La Belle Plagne?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I compressed it a fair bit too, saved at 60% resolution. A bit harder, any idea which 'village' this one is?

(Broadband needed), this version's 1.9MB, (still 3500 x 2325 px).....

We were on top of the 'Les Verdons' ridge, 2500m, just before heading down towards Champagny. No idea what the distance is as the crow flies...
snow report
PG, Much harder, this one. Possibly Courchevel 1550 Very Happy
ski holidays
PG wrote:
A bit harder, any idea which 'village' this one is?

C1850. The Forum (with the ice rink) is quite distinctive.
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

C1850. The Forum (with the ice rink) is quite distinctive.

Ah well, it was a guess!
BTW How did you end up with the same brand/model helmet as me...and in the same colour rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, yes thanks - slowly!
ski holidays
Alastair, Family FTS are in Reberty 2000 next week. Will you be back on your skis by then.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I certainly hope so! Lots of nice sunshine coming this way.....
ski holidays
Alastair, We are pap skiers and one in our party has a fear of chairlifts. If you need anything or if you have a regular lunch stop we could pop in and say hello. PM me if you fancy. Off for my tea now.
snow report
I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever taken off from that Altiport - it must be quite a sensation?
latest report
Martin Bell, there's probably a local 'Belgian' joke about the Belgian pilot who tried to land pointing downhill and/or take off uphill. Yes the take off must be something - wouldn't be much fun if you had to abort...

I've flown from the altiport at Megève, but that's standard/flat.

Last one - pistes virtually empty here...

Broadband, 1MB version of the pic, (3500 x 2325 px).....
snow conditions
Martin Bell, yes - I've taken off from Courchevel. The weird thing is that when you're on the runway ready for departure all you can see is about 100 metres of tarmac. You don't see the rest of the runway until you go over the lip - which is when you really start accelerating.

PG, if things do go wrong on take-off, the approach pate for the airport helpfully marks a 'preferred crashing zone' a distance down the valley.
latest report
PG, I think that last one might be Montchavin or Les Coches, from the Vanoise or Vallandry. Taken on your way home..... or am I reading too much into the words 'last one' ? Nice shots all.
ski holidays
La Tania?
latest report
I'm with kuwait_ian, on his best guess !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair wrote:
if things do go wrong on take-off, the approach pate for the airport helpfully marks a 'preferred crashing zone' a distance down the valley.

Yes, they've been wanting to re-develop Brides-les-Bains for a while now Very Happy
ski holidays
I think the last photo is of the very right hand edge of 1550 wth the Tovets chair just visible on the very LHS of the picture
snow conditions
It's got me stumped! If it is in the Trois Vallees I was standing next to PG when he took it, but still don't know where it is. I don't think it's La Tania because I can't see the gondola which runs up from the centre of the resort; it might be C1550 (the Les Brigues area?) as FtS suggests, but I'm not certain about that (I don't think there's a road running across the valley below 1550). Is it somewhere in the Meribel valley? If that guess is wrong, perhaps Montalbert (I've not seen that village yet, so that's just a stab in the dark).
snow report
Pretty sure it's not Montalbert ....The snow doesnt look good enough wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy