Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer recommendations - Geneva / Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A non-skiing relative is flying into Geneva to join up with us in Flaine over February 2016 half term, arriving about 6pm into Geneva.

Are there any shuttle services or transfer services which people would recommend based on experience or anecdote?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We go to Flaine a couple of times a year and, having got fed up spending ages hanging around waiting for shared transfers, started using Alps Direct (www.alps-direct.com) a few years ago. They're very reliable and the drivers are first class. The downside is that they only offer private transfers. When there's two or more of you, the cost difference isn't so great but, if it's for just one person, it's a different story.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, probably not viable just for one (I just checked and it was 340Euros, compared to 90Euros for a shared with GoMassif). £530 for the flight was enough, but she's our dedicated baby-sitter for the week, so we're paying! (Actually a kind and generous Aunt)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ouch, that's a real eye opener. We don't have kids, so we head off during the quiet weeks during mid Jan and mid March. Flights, ski bags, said transfers, ski passes and a week at Montsoleil comes in at fractionally over a grand each. And that includes a healthy amount of beer vouchers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tell me about it!! That'll teach us for having four boys and encouraging them to enjoy skiing!! We're driving overnight which will be fun (!) in itself, though we've done the drive a couple of times now and it is worse in the preparation than the actual execution. Being married to a school teacher doesn't help either, so we've got used to the concept of holidays being expensive!

Having said all of that, we've got a self catering apartment with a shared indoor pool and outdoor hottub to sleep all 8 of us (my dad is coming along too, on the coach - how quaint!) for just under £1800 for the week, which isn't exhorbitant when split a few ways. And lift passes / lessons are more or less the same price all through the season, so I reckon the whole thing only costs us about £800 more in that week than it would if we could escape with the kids during term time (before factoring in the baby sitting).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sat mont Blanc operate a winter service but the timetable is not currently available if you have a car one of the regular cham transfer would probably drop off in cluses or salanches and you could pop down and pick them up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Four? Ouch. I once stupidly volunteered to co-pilot on a non-stop through the night down to Nice. Two grumpy males, one each grumpy wife and daughter and two cages cats. Could it get worse? Yes. They had two CDs. James Blunt and Paulo Nutini. On balance, I think you've got it easy. Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GoMassif are probably your best bet for getting to any of the resorts within the GM, iirc most of the other "big players" sub most of theirs to GoMassif for the GM too!

If €160 each way not too expensive then a private transfer with someone like http://www.genevaairporttransfers.com/ can't recommend Marian and Mick enough they're great!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It would be worth posting a request on here:
https://www.findtransfers.com/shared-transfers.php

We used them very successfully (and economically) going to Tignes one year. Our 'wanted' post matched a private transfer that was dropping people at Geneva and would have been returning to Tignes empty, so they gained revenue and we made a saving.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy