Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Motorhome trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
Taking my Motorhome trip in jan to mid feb to the Alps , open to suggestions and ideas , maybe able to offer lift etc , male 46 comfortable on all runs skier, also board upto Reds .if anyone's doing the Same or wants to meet up let me know.
Chees
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be in Chamonix with my motorhome from Beginning Feb to Mid April, same as last year. Recommendations depend a lot on what you want. Do you want a proper site with toilets, showers, electricity etc. or happy to camp 'wild'? I go for the 'wild' option. I pick Chamonix because of it's unsurpassed off-piste but also because the resort is quite low which is better temperature wise when in a motorhome.

One thing to watch out for is that French gas cylinders are significantly fatter than UK ones and have different regulators (make sure you are using Propane for winter use). The cylinders can be bought from just about any supermarket, the regulators probably only from the larger ones. Those fat French cylinders will typically not fit in your normal gas cupboard. If you have the conversion for filling with LPG from garages then that's not a problem.

Lots of good info here: http://www.motorhomeski.com/
There's also already a recent thread discussing motorhome issues here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=120704&highlight=
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my view, the best sites are at Samoens and Chatel. These are easily reachable and have good doorstep skiing, but there are others further afield with equally good facilities. I'd love to visit the site in Corvara, Dolomites but its a long hike.

The best Aire I've seen is at Les Gets but its often difficult to get a space there. I've parked in the car parks around Avoriaz but I wouldn't recommend it. They're cold, crowded, noisy and not level.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey guys , thanks for the info , I've taken my old hymer a couple of times , was considering samoene , was thinking some wild and some site after a couple of weeks to re water etc.. tho may just chance showing up rather than booking in advance . I've taken 5 propane gas bottles with me in the past so thanks again for the heads up re French bottle ( I'll have to look in to that as the cupboard is tight in the new one ) yeah italy is prob a no coz the distance .. ... I may show up in chamomix .. Thanks guys
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For Chamonix if you want to 'wild' it go up the valley on the main road. There's a big car park on the right pretty much under the cable of the Aiguille du Midi which used to take vans but it now has a 2m height limit barrier. However just beyond on the right maybe 50m before a petrol station and supermarket there is a bus park where people were spending the entire season in vans. There are a number of places where you can get water and empty chem toilets but they are all a drive away. I can give details if you are interested.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers mad , I may well mail you for that info nearer the time fella
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I may well be open to doing a motorhome trip too around March time. i will keep an eye open on this thread.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm going out to the grand massif /flaine around the 20 th jan , so if anyone has a Motorhome and wants to tag along to this area or heading this way ( been to this area before , offers both wild camp and caravan park .. , give me a shout ..cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy