Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Goggle Owners ... Beware

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oakley Goggle Owners ... Beware ...

I've recently bought a helmet for skiing (Protec Ace FreeCarve) and was told in two different well-known ski euipment stores that my current goggles (Oakley Wisdom) would fit with all the helmets I tried no problem.

I have since found that Oakley Goggles do not fit well with this, or indeed, a number of popular ski helmets. A special Oakley Helmet Strap must be bought to make the goggles fully compatible. This add on can be bought for the Wisdom and A-Frame goggles only at around £12 - £15. The strap is wider with siliconised rubber on the inside, and the clip attaching the strap to the helmet are wider to allow for the width of the helmet.

It seems that few Oakley goggle stockists know this or stock this item in the UK - or they choose not to mention it as most costomers would not expect to have to buy another strap for an already expensive (£80 upwards) pair of goggles.

My advice to anyone would be to take your goggles with you when buying a helmet, or buy the two items together. Don't assume that because a manufacturer says your goggles are helmet compatible that they will be - this is just not true in all cases. All my sunglasses fit under the helmet no problem at all however. Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy