Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

two boards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
moving to big white , Canada for the season from nz. ride a 157 flat camber nitro. find it lacks flex for the park and could hold an edge better, can be hard Jason @ The Global Work & Travel Co. Australiain powder too.

im looning to buy 2 new boards. one park orientated, don't want reverse camber! something softish. i don't do a lot of jibing. mainly jumps but a little jib. was thinking a burton show dog or something similar. any recommendations would be appreciated.

now for the harder question. im looking for a charging board to do everything else. powder and hold nice edge on groomers. is it worth going directional? again would prefer not to have reverse camber. how would a capita twin with standard camber and early rise hold up in deep pow?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll feel right at home there. I would go, look at what your mates are using, borrow whatever that is, and then decide. I'm not sure how NZ currency is, but Canada is cheap this year for most people. Local contacts will help you avoid tourist prices.

There is a pretty big park and it's serviced by a sort of dedicated (slow) lift. From what I remember they have regular competitions too.

For everything else, you have to decide if you want to sacrifice going-forwards performance for ease in riding switch. You can get "twins" which are in fact directional of course. I've ridden various twins and "true-twins" in powder and I'd take a directional tapered board with a tail designed for powder any day. You'd end up setting the stance back anyway to get any sort of ride out of it in decent powder, plus if you're half competent you can ride anything switch. The Capita boards I've ridden (all dedicated powder) have felt slightly floppy to me, so the style isn't really mine, but if you like them then there's one way to find out. Their powder boards do what you'd expect, but from memory they were reverse camber or flat, and felt it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy