Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marmota Ski Resort Map - 636 Ski Resorts on one map

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I noticed this over the weekend on FB and loving maps, and data, I thought that it may interest a few others on snowheads. I believe the kickstarter campaign starts in a few days and I shall be ordering one as I think it will look fab up on the wall

http://marmotamaps.com/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does look cool. Love to use it to plan trips etc.
Maybe something for when I have my own place.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I could waste hours staring at that! Looks fantastic.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can see Munro bagger types trying for the full set. What should they be called, Marmot Muggers?

I have free wall so I can see a map heading this way!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i did think that i would spend an age staring at this
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd spend ages drawing red lines over all the runs i had done.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks interesting. I noticed two things

1/ I have only climbed 2 of the mountains listed - the biggest of the Drie Zinnen and the Zugspitze. @Col the Yeti, suggestin of bagging all 30 looks a fairly tough test for us part time climbers.

2/ France and Italy have exactly the same amount of piste at 8054 km. Now that was a unexpected coincidence.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@johnE, I think the figure for Italy is actually a typo: look at the length of the bar compared to France's - I doubt Italy has that many piste kilometres, especially as it only includes the Alpine resorts.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snow_badger, thanks so much for this post, just the week before I'd been wondering if there was such a thing as this map, and here it is! I've just managed to order one at their "very early bird" price. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They won't make many friends in Italy describing Mont Blanc as the highest mountain in France
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bought one, now I just need to find somewhere that does 1.4m by 1m frames - could be expensive
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, I always thought it was the highest mountain in France.

And Italy as well.

I really upset a French friend of mine when e were talking about mountain heights when I pointed out that Elbrus at 5600m is the highest mountain in Europe.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I do not know how this marmotamaps works - should one buy it? Is say order?

This one has worked for me so far all around the world:

http://www.skiresort.de/skigebiete/asien/japan/

http://www.skiresort.de/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
purchased one at the very early bird price
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not many left at the early bird price. Great christmas present.
snow conditions
setha3 wrote:
Not many left at the early bird price. Great christmas present.

Yes, for myself Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I particularly like how they have shown the blue/red/black piste split for the resorts in km, not the usual number of pistes - a much more useful measure.
snow report
Just picked up my map from the post office this morning - love it! So interesting, I could stare at it for ages Smile Very good quality too, high resolution, very sharp definition.

So that's my early christmas present to myself snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy