Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which area? Paradiski or 3 Valley's?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If the employer doesn't have a "base" in EK then they won't be able to buy employee-rate passes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnE wrote:
@tangowaggon, I just looked at the piste map for the 3Vs again and noticed that the Couloir Tournier is marked as an itinerie and the Grand Couloir is about as tough and steep as any black you are ever like to meet. I have peered down the Tournier and cannot imagine anyone skiing it.

I like the GC but feel that a ski area the size of 3v should have half a dozen runs like the GC
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I like the GC but feel that a ski area the size of 3v should have half a dozen runs like the GC

there are loads - not marked pistes though. There are half a dozen from the Saulire alone. Some of them (like sous la telecabine and emile allais used to be marked like the GC. Just in Courchevel there are many other options Epaule de Vizelle used to be a marked (bit never pisted) run - its a lovely line, not a couloir but a steep convex slope that drops you down between M and Combe de Saulire. And just think for a moment about that massive expanse between the Creux Noir and the Chanrossa... I'm only scratching the surface in one of the three (four?) valleys.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jedster, I've heard mention of Epaule de Vizelle but never seen it on any of my old 3V piste maps, where is it in relation to Pylones, M and Combe de Saulire?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's basically the shoulder (epaule!) between the vizelle bubble and the cable car cables. You follow the red that takes you to the top of M but carry on past M then drop straight down the front before you get to pylones. It's quite a big slope, only really a shoulder at the start.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jedster, thanks, I think I can visualize where you mean but I can't visualize the entrance, will look next time I'm there. How much steeper than Pylones or M is it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone! very much appreciated.
I am basically carrying out many tasks such as maint for my employer. They have chalets in Paradiski, 3V + EK. Main bulk of the chalets are in 3V's.
I will have 2 days off a week so by all the info you guys have given I think Paradiski is the one.
I like the idea of a bus from Aime to the slopes, it means possibly some Apres ski which i did not have the chance to do last season as I always had to drive back to our accom (different company/Area).
The area stats are interesting too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Having done both several times I don't think you can beat 3V and in particular Meribel, great place to do a season >> worth a read http://www.silverswanrecruitment.com/blog/2015/5-reasons-to-do-a-season-in-meribel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

How much steeper than Pylones or M is it?

It's a bit steeper, at least in the central section. It's not ultra steep but its quite atmospheric in the way the view over verdons and the valley beyond just opens up in front of you. Of course it is never pisted and always quiet which helps
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy