Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski leash

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Recently switched over from 75mm to NTN. I usually attach the ski leash to the boots in resort but just realised the boots (Scarpa TX Pro) don't have D-rings. So just wondering if it is okay to put a ring/leash through the first buckle and attach from there to the ski? Would it mess up the boots it I crash? Or is it easy to rivet the D-rings onto the ski boots? Would be curious to see what people normally do? Ideally I don't want to wrap to ski leash round my boot - seem too cumbersome...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of the many benefits of ntn is that the ski has a traditional break so you no longer need a leash so not quite sure if I have the wrong end of the stick
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

One of the many benefits of ntn is that the ski has a traditional break so you no longer need a leash so not quite sure if I have the wrong end of the stick

Sorry talking about telemark here and they don't have ski brakes (unless they are rottefella bindings)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
euanovsky wrote:
Quote:

Sorry talking about telemark here and they don't have ski brakes (unless they are rottefella bindings)

euanovsky, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'm pretty certain the previous poster knew you were talking about telemark. I thought that Rottefella dominated the NTN bindings market (and as you say these have ski brakes). I see that some other manufacturers are also going to produce NTN bindings e.g US based TwentyTwo Designs (who previously made the Hammerhead binding)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@euanovsky, Both Freeride and Freedom binding from Rottefella can have brakes -- so you don't have to have a leash. NTN boots tend not to have a D-ring to attach a leash to -- you can either use the front buckle or attach a keyring (a strong one ) to the buckle to make attaching the leash easier. My last 75mm boots had the d-ring on the same rivet as the buckle anyway.

I've gone to NTN this year - and the combination of almost a stepin and brakes makes putting your skis on a much less stressful experience.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all (and sorry Charliee I somehow missed the ntn reference in your reply and thought you were talking about alpine skis).

I think I might have misled you a bit by not giving enough info. While I use ntn ski boots, the binding is TTS which doesn't come with ski brakes.

@Ski - do you think it's possible if I (or someone in the ski shop) will be able to add a d-ring to the same rivet as the buckle?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@euanovsky, I've just been upstairs to look at some tele boots Laughing Mrs Ski's Scarpa T1s have D-ring attached to a plate on the same rivet as the front buckle. My TX-Comps (NTN) have a D-Ring incorporated into the buckle. Googling Scott boots shows some that do and some that don't.

Yes you could have a shop remove the buckle and add a d-Ring and plate -- but I'd take a good look at your new NTN boots and check they don't have one first (obviously I hadn't in my previous post Embarassed ). If you are going to use Rottefella NTN bindings, you can get brakes anyway --- the weight of the binding is such that the addition of brakes makes no appreciable difference.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My apologies, indeed I incorrectly assumed that you would be using Rottefella's NTN system - others may not incorporate a brake - as others have said its simple to add a ring by drilling out a buckle rivet and adding a ring.

I'm sure you will love the power and control that NTN offers - I love it but my legs still cry.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My understanding is that if you clip the leash to any part of a boot buckle then a bad crash will be likely to rip the buckle off the boot. The buckle attachment is not designed to take the pressure in the direction that a leash would apply. I loop some thin strong cord under the tongue of my boots and clip to that.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@euanovsky, Have a look at the front buckle of your Tx-Pro --- you'll find the D-ring there wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ski I have a look tonight at my boots you're absolutely right. There's in fact a ring in the first buckle! It's not in the usual place (and it's definitely not d-shape) that's why I missed Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy