Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie Hotels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

We are off to Alberta in 10 days time and unfortunately it looks like our first stop (Jasper) is rather dry. There is snow forecast, but different sites forecast totally different things so I am not willing to trust that snow will actually fall! So we are looking into Fernie so that we can do a change late this week if snow still hasnt come down in Jasper.

So can anyone recommend me a hotel of good quality? We do not want an apartment since we have an elderly relative who needs hotel facilities.

Many thanks!

Adam
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fernie's only a small place really. THere's a Best Western in town which will problanly be OK since it's part of a chain. There are hotels up in resort too. Picka hotel and if I know about it I can tell you more - we rented a house rather than staying in a hotel though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Park Place Lodge is good, stayed there in 2004. Good size standard rooms, good breakfast and a great bar with lots of local microbrews and food to choose from. Ski bus stops at the door, approx 15 minsto slope on bus.

Hotel is within 10 mins walk of resort centre for eating out/shopping.

Hotel has its own comprehensive web site.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys.... Will look at the Park Place Lodge. We had considered the lizard creek lodge as well, but it looks like it really isnt a hotel so isnt really suited to our elderly relative.

Adam
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Park Place Lodge is more central of the 2 and has a decent enough pub attached although avoid Monday local's night as it will be rammed. Best Western is at the far end of town therefore more isloated for an elderly relative unless they like McDonalds, Tim Hortons & Large supermarkets (plus very nice river walks)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the suggestions! I had a look into them but we have been lucky enough that there has been reasonable snowfall in the Jasper area, so we are just going to stick with Marmot and hope that the recent fall makes it good enough!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy