Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2015-2016 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Out on the 5th of March for my first visit to ADH and am already checking snow reports etc.

Does anyone know a ski school that will do morning beginner group snowboard lessons, other than ESF?

We have already booked with masterclass for most of the beginners but one person wants to join the dark side. Unfortunatly the beginners are booked into morning ski lessons and ESF only offer afternoon snowboard lessons.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wam15 wrote:
Out on the 5th of March for my first visit to ADH and am already checking snow reports etc.

Does anyone know a ski school that will do morning beginner group snowboard lessons, other than ESF?

We have already booked with masterclass for most of the beginners but one person wants to join the dark side. Unfortunatly the beginners are booked into morning ski lessons and ESF only offer afternoon snowboard lessons.

Great choice booking with Masterclass. You won't regret it. Well worth any intermediate or advanced skiers also booking a lesson or two with them - some of the best tuition I've ever had.

Can't help with the snowboard lessons though I'm afraid. I'm sure someone will be along soon though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are.I'm discussion with masterclass about an intro to off piste day for the advanced skiers! Always good to hear positive reports.

On that topic is there somewhere we can hire off piste gear as we would like to get it a few days earlier and do some practice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dumping it down in Oz at the moment. Turned the view from a lot of green to a snowy scene, via a whiteout in the middle. Has been snowing in AdH all day, pretty heavily since lunchtime. Awful visibility and strong winds on piste, but lovely snow (with the odd icy scoured patch) underfoot.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

On that topic is there somewhere we can hire off piste gear as we would like to get it a few days earlier and do some practice.

When you say "off piste gear" - you mean transceivers, shovel and probe? Not airbags?

Seems to me that people either buy the stuff or get it off a guide. No doubt you can hire stuff, especially in the mountains but I've no experience of doing so or of having friends doing so.

You looking to hire in the UK or in ADH?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah shovel probe transceiver hire. And hire in adh. I wouldn't say no to an airbag but it's not a requirement. I would assume if needed the guide could provide it but that wouldn't allow us to practice.

I'M looking at buying but I wouldn't be able to convince my mates right now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://ski-hire-sport2000.co.uk/equipment/other-equipment-and-sports/safety-pack

May need to ring them though... when I tried to do a dummy booking it didn't show up.

If you are taking a guide though, I would speak to them first.. as they may be able to loan them ahead of you going out with them. In fact they may well encourage you to do so. As in reality it would be potential their life in danger if you don't know how to conduct a search. Clearly if he's not buried he would lead the search.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for that it's very useful. Will have a chat to the guide and see. I'm in the position where I know just enough to realise how little I know.

I know it's pushing it but You don't happen to have an answer to the snowboarding question?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never used any ski schools in ADH.

But check these out http://www.alpedhueznet.com/ski-schools/

An alternative is to do a couple of private lessons and then go out on their own while others are in ski school. Boarding is easier to learn, certainly in the initial stages - and a couple of two hour 1-to-1 sessions would probably suffice and be similar cost wise.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm wondering why this thread is so quiet? Threads for much smaller areas can be very active. Is it just chance that we have no resident snowHeads and not many visitors? I'm off to ADH on 12/3 for the first time and like to obbsess over the corresponding thread for any area I'm visiting. This is proving difficult for my upcoming trip? Would the more active L2A thread give me a rough idea of conditions/snowfall in ADH?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back....no need to worry about snow....never seen so much of the stuff.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is an English Ski School in Alp dhuez too...have a look at their website it lists all the ski schools.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Strange. This must be the quietest that this thread has been in years.

Is anyone heading down over the Easter break? We're going on 1st April for a week with the family Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bjorn_again_Daehlie, I've not been as active as normal on the thread this winter, tell you about it over a pint, we're heading over on Saturday for 2 weeks to see the season out Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got back from ADH on Saturday, had a great week out there, the snow was fantastic for the week and was holding up pretty well when we left although was starting to get a little slushy in the afternoon and there were a few stones on the lower runs towards the end of the day.

Sarenne was an absolute dream when we skied it first thing, we went up to do it again and it was no where near as good by 11am so hit it early if you can.
Oz and Vaujany had great snow and quiet pistes all week.
snow report
@Nick D, Should get there Saturday night ourselves so will give you a call during the week if that's OK.Very Happy

@Bjorn_again_Daehlie, I have not contributed as much as I would have liked this season either. A few different circumstances, including pressure of work, just left me with pretty well zero time and to be honest Nicks posts usually prompt me to reply /post as well Laughing

@sfr Thanks for the info, looking forward to next week Very Happy
ski holidays
@skitow, Definitely - see you there! Very Happy
snow conditions
Now I've been I'm even more surprised at how quiet this thread is/was - no reflection on individual reasons for not posting - life happens - I've slid off the face of the internet on many occasions. What a fantastic resort, probably the best for a multi ability group of the many big French ones I've been to in recent years.
snow report
@Nick D, hope all is OK. See you in the Potee next week.
snow report
@Snow Hound, Great comments there and could not agree with you more about the multi ability bit. But then I have been skiing here for 20+ years off and on, mostly on Very Happy
Weather this week is not brilliant to be honest but still plenty of snow to have a good week, obviously goes slushy in the afternoon. Not really very busy so even when top is shut down, which it may well be today as 95kph winds are forcast, it is still not busy. 3 days of snow forecast for the end of next week so great opportunity for a late trip the week after, closing date is 25th (?) April I think but the satellite villages will probably close down gradually just before then.
snow report
Windy windy as I go up Marmottes 1. Cairngorm weather today without the rain and low cloud!
snow report
Lifts closed again today due to high winds which is bizarre as down in Oz at 1350m it's completely calm. Doesn't affect me sitting in my apartment nursing damaged knee ligaments thanks to an errant snowboarder in La Grave on Wednesday 🙁
snow report
Lovely ski today with the new snow from last night. Happy days Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy