Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2015-2016 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Let's get this party started! Last call for season passes at reduced rate of €569 tomorrow 4th October.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://alpedhuez.livecam360.net/pic-blanc
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking more promising http://www.sataski.com/en/winter/alpe-dhuez-grand-domaine-ski-webcam/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Ooh la la Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like some decent snowfall in ADH, enough for them to announce an early ski for those lucky enough to be out there next weekend. A chance to spin the lifts & check everythings working before the official season opener I guess snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Nick D, Ooh what's that all about? I'll be over this week but L2A doesn't open until 5th. I feel a drive over coming on Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B dunno, imagine it'll just be the higher stuff above Poutran open, might be worth a drive over, not sure if your season pass will work yet as official opening 5th/6th
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some photos from yesterday.

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll see if anyone else is up for it if it's covered by the season pass or priced well Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@howiet, Great pics, a good start & some more to come later in the week hopefully Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowing down in Bourg so all good for resort hopefully!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I'm going to drive over tomorrow, forecast is a bit brighter than for today Happy I'll probably be alone, all my mates are busy working on their places which I ought to be doing too Happy Only 15 euros, bargain!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Claude B, looked pretty damn good today judging by the pics on FB. Cover probably a little thin here and there, look forward to your report & pics, have fun!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1st turns of the winter. 3 hours at Alpe D'Huez. Visibility not great and snowing lightly but snow is awesome Happy Only a few lifts and pistes open but quite enjoyable. Weather was getting worse so I headed back, probably better here Happy

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
any updates from AdH ? Thanks guys
snow conditions
@Timberwolf, Not the best news I am afraid but I assume you were not expecting that. There is some snow here, mostly man made lower down and it is still possible to loop round the chailift on the glacier, bizarrely the Sarenne has been open since I got here Saturday but again that is because of the new snow cannons, and the bottom end of the run is in darkness most of the day. Not too bad a run though, went down yesterday and today. There looks to be pretty well nothing on the Auris hill although they may have some artiicial in the village. There are only really the main "motorways" open in the central bowl of Alpe d'Huez but it is possible to ski down from the 2nd troncon to the middle station on the Vaujany cable car, then go back up to the Dome. You can ski right down from the 2nd marmottes or cross over to the Troncon side. The signal area above the town is pretty much grass, although the chairlift is open and you can ski the blue? round the back. Villard Reculas is fenced off. Sorry I am very poor on piste names. At the moment there are very few people here but if it goes up to anyway near the usual numbers at the end of this week the snow is going to take a hammering I am afraid. No snow forecast for the next 7 days and some sunny ones, so good for the tan but not so for the skiing. As far as I can see the resort has done everything possible to make the best of the situation to be fair.
latest report
Sorry, just in case you have ome total beginners, the Rifnel beginners area by the ESF kids chalet thing is OK and both little drag lifts and the telemixte were working.
snow report
@skitow, many thanks. Friends of mine have just been bumped from Serre Chevalier to AdH by their TO. Arriving Boxing Day.
latest report
@Timberwolf, Like I said, they will get some skiing. As I understand there is almost none in Serre Chevalier ? Are they beginners / experienced ? If a lot of "locals" stay away, like they have this week from what I gather, then it may be OK. A lot of the apartments here are owned by people from Grenoble / Lyon and they may just do the New Year weekend and go home.
snow conditions
@skitow, thanks for the update - we arrive on 3rd Jan so a couple of weeks yet. Am hoping for snowmaggedeon like there was between Christmas and New Year a couple of years ago (or was it last year, can't remember now) and a barren Christmas turned into an OK just after new year week.
ski holidays
Skiing been better than last Xmas but rain this afternoon may well have changed the game....
latest report
@skitow, We arrived yesterday, not skied yet, will give you a buzz.
snow report
@Nick D, OK, supposed to be sunny next 2 days. Only here until Saturday morning.
snow conditions
Came into this thread to see what's happening in ADH.

Here in Serre been pretty good if you like family piste cruising as there's enough open and it's all in good condition.

Did bump into some Brit "dudes" on a UCPA Off Piste course and they were enjoying their riding, though obviously no off piste!

Friends I was showing around yesterday had a great ski, so they said.

And the best bit no queues and no rain Cool
latest report
@Weathercam, sounds better there than here. It's pretty limited really, nothing much open below 2000m but some decent (if a bit stony) snow at 2800. The best skiing is busy and some big icy patches are catching lots out on the narrow pistes. They've done a good job keeping anything open really, temperature inversion still prevalent and concern among pisteurs as to how things may hold up next week if/when the post Christmas crowds arrive. Writing this sitting in the sun on our balcony in Oz, 12 degrees at 1350m, luckily we have a plentiful supply of Adnams & salty snacks to see us through this difficult time Very Happy
snow report
Had a beer last night with a mate who's director of the ESF in Oz, he suggested getting our skiing in this week and doing something else next week Sad . They're re-opening the 'Go Ape' style forest climbing in the next few days, may as well get the nets back up on the tennis courts while they're at it.
snow conditions
Well it appears that the expected post-Christmas influx of visitors has occurred today but interestingly the hire shops are unusually quiet, maybe some just won't bother to ski. More of the same on the slopes today, some decent if occasionally stony snow to be had and more pistes closing as the sunshine & skiers expose more of what's normally covered until May/June. Seems like some snow making has been happening but it certainly wasn't cold walking through the Station at midnight last night. Feel sorry for anyone arriving for their only week of the season but more so for the locals whose businesses and livelihoods are taking a big hit (friends of ours have an on piste restaurant which has been inaccessible so far this winter).
ski holidays
Nothing new to report from AdH really as the wait for snow continues with no sign of a change so far today despite a small amount of precipitation in the forecast. The extremely limited skiing now has the added fun of avoiding some ridiculously long queues along with the rocks and ice, the small drag up from the Poutran halfway station where the snow currently ends had a massive queue yesterday afternoon with some giving up and walking up the piste alongside the Perce Neige.

A friends cousin fell on ice and dislocated his shoulder yesterday, just bad luck and easily done but there's also plenty of downright reckless skiing going on so it made a nice change to skin up what's left of the home run into Oz, long since inaccessible from above due to large bare patches on the Alpette & Poutran pistes. The view over Oz & Vaujany was almost totally snowless with a little clinging to the upper slopes of the Belledone opposite.

The Sarenne remains 'open' for those who can stomach the queues to get up there and the slushy, rocky moguls on the way down. On piste, skiing between 11 & 2 seems the best bet to avoid the crowds, then home for essential ski maintenance in the sunshine during the afternoon.

We've decided to return to the UK on New Year's Day to hopefully avoid the weekend traffic, had planned to be back mid-January, fingers crossed for a change in the weather by then!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi @Nick D,

Sounds pretty bad to say the least. Thankfully, we decided not to go down over Christmas and New Year this year. It looks like there's a fair bit of snow on the way for the 31st December, so hopefully the drive down will be OK, but not too OK if you get my drift Very Happy .

I'll be down normally on the 14th Jan for the annual boys weekend. Are you planning to be there then?
snow conditions
@Bjorn_again_Daehlie, You haven't missed much skiing wise. Boys week planned for 23rd, subject to conditions, Greg at La Potee has definitely benefitted from the poor skiing! We've h a few good nights in there. Cloud rolling in now and temperature dropping slightly to 8 degrees down here in Oz. Just got back from a little ski over to Montfrais for coffee then up to 2800 where there's some decent snow off the back but below DMC2 via Couloir is awful as it's now the only way down to AdH or Rousses, lots of people and very thin snow.
snow report
Clouds rolling in this morning, will have to see what they bring, feels a bit odd after 2 weeks of wall to wall sunshine.
snow conditions
Cheers for the updates @Nick D, how are things now? Some much-needed snowfall it sounds like?
ski holidays
What is the snow like in ADH currently? Has there been a reasonable amount of snowfall?

The forecasts were for heavy snowfall in recent days and for continued snowfall going forward. But the snow reports on ADHnet don't seem to corroborate this so would be useful to have the comments of someone on the ground! Cheers
latest report
My wife is skiing this morning and I'm up with the kids after school so I will let you know later.
ski holidays
It started snowing after lunch and was continuing when we left about 4.30pm. The snow level was between bends 14/15(around 1020m).

They had the snow cannons on also. Some of the lower slopes were icy in places but I'm sure once the base builds up they will be fine. My wife did the Sarenne and she said it was great.

Good news that the snow is falling and hopefully for a few more big dumps in the coming week. The run down to Huez was still closed.

ski holidays
howiet wrote:
It started snowing after lunch and was continuing when we left about 4.30pm. The snow level was between bends 14/15(around 1020m).

They had the snow cannons on also. Some of the lower slopes were icy in places but I'm sure once the base builds up they will be fine. My wife did the Sarenne and she said it was great.

Good news that the snow is falling and hopefully for a few more big dumps in the coming week. The run down to Huez was still closed.

Was there any sign of them opening up more runs?
snow report
I didn't notice as I was mostly on the lower slopes.
snow report
Still not that much open according to friends out there, I'm back in a couple of weeks, looking like it should be rather improved by then!
ski holidays
Nick D wrote:
Still not that much open according to friends out there, I'm back in a couple of weeks, looking like it should be rather improved by then!

Hmm, I'm there sooner than that. I was hoping this snow would lead to things opening up quite quickly, but I guess I was over optimistic.
snow report
Hi @sugarmoma666, when are you there?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy