Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with ski technology test (round 2)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads!
In March we had a trip to Chamonix to test a digital coaching tool we are developing. SN was a great help in finding people to test with and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in helping us for our upcoming trip to Hintertux and Passo dello Stelvio.

To give a little background, we are conducting research into skiing technique. We have created a prototype device that retrofits into boots to measure the pressure distribution within the boot as well as the motion of the skis (or board). Our plan is that the device can then be used as a coaching aid to give a data record of the skiers technique.

We’re going to be skiing with prototype devices between 8-22 October on the Hintertux and Passo Dello Stelvio glaciers. We are already working with the Olympic teams, but we are very keen to meet instructors and everyday skiers who are interested in giving the system a go.

I have two questions.
1. Is there anyone in the area who can spare two hours to help us test the prototypes?
2. Is there a better platform than snowheads to find people who might be interested? (Last time we went testing we were in Chamonix and found Chamshare was really good to find people)

Thanks in advance!

Here’s the sort of data we collect.

Skier: Michael Backhouse, Location: Brentwood Ski Centre (thanks to both for helping us)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jamiegrant, there's a big test event at Stubai 17/18th I think. May be worth looking into...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Might have an option for you to look at, do you tweeter?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jamiegrant, Is something very similar not already on the market?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, thanks for the heads up on the test event. I'll see if we can get involved. If it's a formal thing we might be a little early stage for it though.

@ansta1, do you mean twitter? We have the @getCarv handle on twitter

@stewart woodward, I don't think so. I posted on SN if any one wanted to give us feedback on the platform, so that might be the source of confusion. As far as I'm aware we're the first to combine pressure and motion measurement outside of research grade equipment (>3000 eur). I think we are also the first to develop software specifically for skiing outside of the research community. Let me know if you know of any examples!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jamiegrant, pushed it out to a couple of people who may be able to assist.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy