Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Artemis Anglo Scottish Challenge @ Les Houches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to justify a second ski holiday next year to Mrs Gaza is not going to be easy but suggesting that I take Oscar to the Anglo Scottish chaps at New Year may have more chance of success. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin With a bit of careful planning I can get reasonably priced easyJet flghts to GVA and so long as I am not fussy about the standard of accommodation there does seem to be availability for 5 nights in the Chamonix Valley at a price that won't break the bank. However, Oscar has only been race training for about 10 months and although he has progressed well I'm concerned that the standard at the Anglo Scottish, even at U10, could be way above him and it could be a de-motivator.

Does anyone have any experience of this event and be able to shed some light on the standard? I accept that this could be subjective but any views would be welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gaza, we have been to the races for quiet a few years , great event and skiing for the adults too, either in Les Houches , Chamonix and even headed into Italy on the odd day when the kids are training (or the snow in France has ben a bit poor). Racers competing range from UK National Team members through to younger racers experiencing their first race abroad , you will also get a few UK Nationals of all ages who live in the Alps competing . The majority of U10 entrants will most likely have raced in the British indoor/outdoor race series over the summer so it will give you an idea of where Oscar stands amongst his peers , also worth asking the coach who he trains with. Check last years race results at http://britski.org/15angloscot.htm , the fields are not large for U10. I would say all the kids especially at that U10 just love the buzz , yes some may not be happy with their time but they soon get over it and will be messing about in the snow with new friends. Go and enjoy, they even have a parents race if you fancy where most of the U10/U12 beat their parents. A lot harder to turn around gates rather than when you feel like it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scot_Ski, that is very helpful. I'll ask the coaches at LSRA for their advice. I've just had a chat with Sean Langmuir at ATC as they are doing race support/ training.at the event and will follow up with him later.

Oscar's first time in a race at Hillend 10 months ago was 54 seconds. At the Craid MacPhie a few weeks ago he got that down to 40. At Sunday's Scottish Champs GS he came third with 37 seconds so he is improving. Very Happy

I think we will go for it subject to keeping costs down to a reasonable level. There is a very cheap 2* hotel in Les Houches that fits the bill.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
After the GS at Hillend on sunday (he was 3rd??), then the Anglo-Scottish at Les Houches should be a doddle.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RobW, he was third in the U10 category. This is his first year in U10 so he has another season of indoor/ outdoor as well as 2 winter seasons ahead of him. He was most chuffed that he beat the boys who came 2nd and 3rd at the CM Classic into 4th and 5th. They are all goid friends so it was friendly rivalry. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gaza, Sounds very much like my younger son who is also first year U10 - skiing is a social occasion first but when they start beating their friends then suddenly they become all competitive - and I have no hesitation on entering him from the Les Houches races. He'll be there anyhow as big bruvver oski (who was overall 2nd on Sunday) will be racing in the U16s.

We've done the Les Houches races for 3 or 4 years, and where the races take place depends a lot on the conditions on the hill.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy