Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3V lift pass advice anyone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Meribel at 1/2 term in a big mixed group.

I'm wondering whether it's best for some of our group to get a Meribel pass only or the whole 3V. Things are a lot cheaper with a family pass, but if you get a family pass then I presume this means that if one person wants to upgrade to a 3V then you need to pay for the whole family to upgrade. Is this right? Doesn't make much sense for the absolute beginners to need to have a 3V pass but it still works out cheaper than buying individual passes.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think that you can upgrade individually on a family pass. In fact, I'm almost sure that you can. Even if you can, it might still be cheaper to have a family 3V pass if some of you are going to upgrade often.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
almost always better to get the valley pass, and upgrade on an inividual basis when and if you want to go further afield. Certainly on the Courchevel side individuals can upgrade even thought the passs was originaly purchased as part of a family, and I'd hope that the 3v co were consistent across the 3v.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The calculation that we did recently in Courcehvel was that if we left Courhevel valley 3 or more times, a 3V family pass was better value for us, so we got one (and got value for it). The hassle saving is worth something as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I also
calculated that if you upgraded from Meribel to 3V 3 times in the week, which I would have wanted to, then it was as well to go for the 3V weekly pass in the first place, which I did. You are never 100% sure where you're going to end up!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy