Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to join group 12-19 Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
I'm looking to join a group for a weeks skiing before Christmas, week 12-19 December. Good intermediate skier, reasonably quick on all piste in good snow. Easy going, sociable, professional male in mid 50s I keep myself fit. Also complete newbie to snowheads so unsure what response, if any, I'll get. Hope to get to Hemel on 10th.
Cheers
Jols
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I strongly recommend you either go later in the season or find someone who is prepared to book at the very last minute. Conditions can be patchy and the high altitude resorts are expensive. Most hotels will have spaces and deals so waiting is the best idea.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jols, if you wouldn't object to some good quality instruction for 5 half days, how about Snoworks in Tignes? They have a good contingent out that time of year and it's very sociable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@madlondoner, Have had some great holidays at Paradiski that week but I agree about the late booking option- just looking for group
@Gamsbock, not adverse to instruction, am considering a weeks off piste instruction in January. Thanks for Snoworks, will check out
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gamsbrock, Snoworks course too expensive! £1150 before lift pass, can usually get chalet + travel for £3-400 that week. Not adverse to instruction but really want a weeks blasting around before I go for weeks off piste improvers course inJan
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a great week in hinterglemn with beautiful food and fantastic conditions. Equally I had last Xmas in Saalbach (same ski area) where barely any runs were open and most of the runs had zero snow on them. It's the luck of the draw and as shown, it's so crazy expensive for tignes and the like.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

where barely any runs were open and most of the runs had zero snow on them

...a fairly universal problem last Christmas! I agree that it makes sense to leave it until nearer the time - mid-December conditions can be idyllic or poor, depending on whether the necessary snow clouds have descended on the Alps (which they usually have, but last season they were up to a month behind schedule). If the conditions are good in early to mid-December (as they are more often than not), there will be plenty of accommodation providers (including ourselves) offering attractive deals - all you need then are a few skiing companions, and I can see that leaving it late to book and finding a group to hook up with are not necessarily compatible.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's only two days, but I'm looking to do a mini trip after a work meeting in Zurich for a couple of days that week (travelling evening of 15th, skiing 16th and 17th, flying back on 18th). Probably going to do Davos or St Anton as they're easy trains from Zurich, but I'm going to wait until closer to the time to fix details. I'll be on my own, so it would be nice to have a buddy if your trip ends up compatible.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi @jols,

If you don't find someone to share with then might be worth taking a look at our Chalet Genepi (details via the link below) - I'd be happy to do you your own room with no single supplement for that week (13th - 20th December)

Any use?
Heather
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Heather
Mostly looking for like minded/ability skiers to ski with
Jols
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Heather