Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Praise for Green Flag breakdown

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In Tignes over the Christmas week and went to check on the car two days before departure.

Battery was completely dead, apparantly batteries don't take to being stood outside at -27 !

Spoke to a local garage in Tignes (there is only one) and they wanted 55 euros to come and jump start the car.

I called the emergency Green Flag number and was fully expecting them to say that the nearest garage they dealt with was in Lyon and that they would be with me a week on Wednesday.

I could not have been more wrong, they asked me if the car was OK where it was and when it needed to be moved etc etc. They called me back within FIVE minutes with a time and place to meet the garage repair vehicle.

At the alloted time the mechanic appeared and started the car, he even had an unprompted look at my chains to make sure I had put them on correctly.

I pay £106 a year to green Flag for full UK and Europe breakdown and assistance, worth every penny if their service is this good.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The RAC have been magnificent when I've had breakdowns in France and Ireland. Why is it always on holiday? Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never had to use any abroad, (probably becaus eI don't take the car!) but the AA gets my vote for sheer helpfulness (transporting me and car back home after I sprained an ankle and the rest of the team were too hungover to drive, amongst other things). Green Flag get big thumbs down for inisting that I had to give them a road name, because the postcode wasn't good enough - the official address of the place was 'Church Farm' and then the village, there was no road name! Useless people also refused to let me give them directions so the garage who came out had to phone me back. Rant rant rant. Mad

Glad the Green Flag worked for you though! You obviously had a less stroppy switchboard operator Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen101, just shows how different experiences can be. I refuse to go anywhere near the AA as they once left my wife and two very young children alone at the side of the M25 for 2 hours.

And then offered £10 off renewal as compensation !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen101, agreed. I've had the (mis)fortune of calling out the AA about three times over the last few years. On one occasion they followed me for thirty miles to my dealer to make sure I got back safely, and then told me exactly what to say when I spoke to the service department. On all occasions they've either sent text messages or have 'phoned me to tell me how long they'd be. I've also given the AA coordinates from my SatNav when I didn't know where I was in terms of road name.

I like that The Very Nice Man shakes your hand when he arrives and when he goes.

I had free GF membership with a new car, and the one occasion when I needed them (handbrake locked to brake discs) their line was engaged for an hour.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would not use the AA again, even if they paid me. They refused to send a mechanic out, instead sending a tow truck, with instructions to tow me to the lay by that I was already in. Despite being on my own in the middle of the night, they left me with the option of spending the night in the car, or paying £270 cash for a tow home.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ye gods - Elizabeth B, did you not have a relay membership? That's shockingly bad either way.

Just goes to show that they all have their off days. Fortunately (touching wood) I've never had an off day from the AA yet. Apart from handshakes, I love that they don't treat me like an idiot (even if they're only there because I left the lights on and killed the battery again!) and I can phone them at midday to say my battery's dead, and please could they come out at 5pm when I finish work. And they do!! (Just re-running all the times I've used them, and my membership saved me more money and got me home safely more times that I'd like to admit!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen101, I followed the "guidance" on their website, and went with the cheap option, that promises a mechanic, and if they can't fix it, a tow to the nearest garage. What they don't say is that the garage doesn't have to be open, and has to be within 10 miles. So when I broke down in a place that had no garage within 25 miles, they refused to move me. They didn't have a mechanic in the area, so sent the local garage breakdown truck out, asking him to move me from where I was, to the same location!!

When I eventually got home (after paying the money), my mechanic said the car could have been patched up in 5 mins by any competent mechanic.

The AA refunded £20 as a "gesture of goodwill"
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ouch Sad That's really poor service - bad luck.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had to use greenflag the day after new years a few years ago. I dropped someone off returning from Yorkshire, found myself sliding on ice on their un-treated road and broke a suspension strut on a high kerb - even on a £46 basic membership they took me from Manchester back to North Wales - and dropped my car at the garage at the bottom of my road. Love em!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy