Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Smallzookeeper, Opposite the Aguille du Midi with a Powder Ski. That's Cluedo.

Poster: A snowHead
Little Angel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 10-02-06 16:12; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

I think that kinda sums it up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, About time too. Despite the complete twaddle of the majority of your posts I feel that you have earned a little plug. Why not make it official and put an entry into snowShops. I have no interest in a Snowhead discount as I doubt I shall ever visit Chamonix.
Do you think the use of the abbreviated term "Cham", should be punishable by a good birching.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CHAM-ON-ICKS-MONT-BLONK, as the tourists would say. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Do you think the use of the abbreviated term "Cham", should be punishable by a good birching.

And can we add 'pow', 'the white stuff', 'Courche' and 'planks' to the list while we're at it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave Burt, Only if "Val" and "Val diz" are included.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Next time you're in London, Steve, I'll credit you 10% of the entry ticket to London Zoo, buy you a hot dog (or tin of Spam) and ... with their permission ... you can feed it to anything carniverous in a cage.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, A first for you. I think I've spotted a spelling mistake in one of your posts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can i feed a FOX to a Lion? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Can i feed a FOX to a Lion? Twisted Evil

Only if you put some ise on it first and then wash it down with a mug of PG.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I'm going to be in Cham' (sic Wink ) Thurs19-Sun22 Jan. Should be hooking up with JT and his buddies on 19th for a day (currently trying to sort out a jaunt that day through the Envers and PasdeCh), but on my tod thereafter. Fancy hooking up for a beer/ski?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, about effing time too. Don't think you have ever 'plugged' unintentionally, nor caused any offense (other than your views!). Personally happier with commercial offerings that put 'identity' to a presence ... so suggest you have a bit to learn on the marketing front yet !

Is this the second time you have 'come-out' in your life?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eEvans, No, came out as a Lesbian years ago.
GrahamN, Can try, will be ski testing all week and have my buddies here too, a beer at the very least, let me know if you need any skis for the high ground. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Touchee Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Where is the Fox when you need him?
snow report
FastCarver, Reading a Ski Magazine? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I can;t say that I';ve seen any commericalism in your postings so far, you;ve been a bit vocal towards fat skis but that's no bad thing (I ski punter fats myself, 165 PRs)

if I ever get to Chamonix I will pop in to say hello
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

FastCarver, Reading a Ski Magazine?

or 3 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I had got a bit fed up with the cryptic posts from you, that's because I'm thick. Toofy Grin Much better with a bit of openness and honesty, have bookmarked cham3s, can't get linked to foot-works wink
latest report
snowbunny,

welcome to the frae... careful you don't get dragged in too far, i think battle lines have been drawn where it goes from here nobody knows Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
CEM, If I had known about a decent bootfitter, maybe..just maybe I would not have ended up with 2 rounds of foot surgery Sad
snow conditions
snowbunny,
Quote:

If I had known about a decent bootfitter, maybe..just maybe I would not have ended up with 2 rounds of foot surgery

ouch!! what was the problem or is this a subject for DC
ski holidays
CEM,
Quote:

ouch!! what was the problem or is this a subject for DC

not DC stuff!
Morton's Neuromas x2 metatarsals Mad ...My view is that my feet swelled too much in my shells in warm spring skiing, and when I was last in Chamonix, a bootfitter named Giles from Coquoz Sports ironed out the metatarsal ridge in my footbeds (free), but it was too late, the damage was done!
latest report
snowbunny,

Neuroma...my favourite for causing pain,
Quote:

ironed out the metatarsal ridge in my footbeds

not quite sure what you mean, normally there should be a dome or pad behind the met heads to spread the shafts a little, this takes the pressure off the swelling on the nerve. positioning is critical and if it is wrong then problems result. some peoples feet are more predisopsed to neuroma than others it depends on the proximity and declination of the metatarsal shafts, if the bones are close together than a very slight compression causes the problem, if the bones are more spread out then it takes a lot more inflamation on the nerve to be noticeable, but when it is don't you just know it. I perform a neuroma check on anyone coming to see me with complaints of forefoot pain.

not to worry they're gone now, just the slight possibility of a stump neuroma at the point that they excised the nerve to Twisted Evil
latest report
CEM,
Quote:

not to worry they're gone now, just the slight possibility of a stump neuroma at the point that they excised the nerve to

Don't even go there Shocked Take a look here!
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/871/cat/541

wink Very Happy
snow report
snowbunny,

neat job,

at least they were good and went in from the top, this is a more complex surgery but the recovery is much quicker, i recently saw someone who had the same op done but through the sole of the foot, only 3 months of hobbling round for her...(seems a stange way to go but i am told it is quite common in some areas of the country)

hope your recovery was not that long.....and make sure you have laods of forefoot space in your boots AND all your shoes
ski holidays
CEM,
Quote:

snowbunny,

neat job,

very neat isn't it. The "sole" approach though, is alleged to be clinically more straightforward, and there is less bruising etc. From the top, the metatarsals are held apart with tools while the surgeon grabs the nerve, and pulls Skullie . The sole of my foot had a black line running from the start of my heel pad up to the base of the toes. I have lost volume in the ball of that foot.
Quote:

hope your recovery was not that long.....and make sure you have laods of forefoot space in your boots AND all your shoes

I do thanks!.. Profeet have done my fit and footbeds this time round. Now in Head S8's, lots of toebox room Very Happy
ski holidays
snowbunny wrote:
CEM,
Quote:

snowbunny,

neat job,

very neat isn't it. The "sole" approach though, is alleged to be clinically more straightforward, and there is less bruising etc. From the top, the metatarsals are held apart with tools while the surgeon grabs the nerve, and pulls Skullie . The sole of my foot had a black line running from the start of my heel pad up to the base of the toes. I have lost volume in the ball of that foot.
Quote:

I do thanks!.. Profeet have done my fit and footbeds this time round. Now in Head S8's, lots of toebox room Very Happy

Ironically, so is Giles of Coquoz/Alpinland. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

Ironically, so is Giles of Coquoz/Alpinland.

Are you being cryptic, or is it me being thick...again?... Giles is what?
ski holidays
snowbunny, I don't understand a whole lot of the keeper's posts either. Puzzled
latest report
laundryman, One of us must be drunk, or on something Toofy Grin
snow report
Does boldly going where no toes have gone before give you a clue wink
snow report
snowbunny, I assumed, as you'd said "now in Head S8s" that his reply was saying that so was Giles (in Head S8s). I could of course be totally wrong wink
ski holidays
snowbunny wrote:
Giles is what?

SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
snowbunny wrote:
Now in Head S8's

I guess Wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Can i feed a FOX to a Lion?
Only if you put some ise on it first and then wash it down with a mug of PG.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I think he has given enough free advice to deserve a plug. Its not as though you have to be dragged there screaming...!!
And I think most commercial posters here are well within bounds...IMV

GrahamN,

Looking forward to it, talk soon.
snow report
Quote:
I think he has given enough free advice to deserve a plug.

That's a commendably magnanimous attitude, JT, but the problem is that if everyone who gave free advice in this forum spammed the site we'd be a sea of dross.

It's a cardinal rule of publishing that editorial and advertising are physically distinct. Long may that wisdom rule.
latest report
David Goldsmith wrote:
Quote:
I think he has given enough free advice to deserve a plug.

That's a commendably magnanimous attitude, JT, but the problem is that if everyone who gave free advice in this forum spammed the site we'd be a sea of dross.

It's a cardinal rule of publishing that editorial and advertising are physically distinct. Long may that wisdom rule.

Should everyone rewrite what they read in Magazines............................... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Sorry, I missed the name calling here. I was busy writing for a ski magazine, adding further details to the next ESA (in 3 weeks time), and trying to plan the next 3 ESAs, in the hope that we can still get top instructors, bootfitters, etc, together to help skiers have more fun on the slopes, also I've been continuing my administration of a web forum which helps people who are looking for jobs in resorts, and for help when there.
I don;t make any money out of any of these enterprises, I do it for the love of the sport.

(Oh, and any complaints about me plugging the ESA, please refer them to admin, who will let you know about the referral scheme we have going)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 6-01-06 19:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Quote:
Should everyone rewrite what they read in Magazines

Of course not, but spammers should be obliged to slide down the Vallee Blanche naked, on top of an inflatable banana.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy