Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot clearance... Hey Mr! Off-piste skis very cheap!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@robsdesk, Very nice. I pick up my CL Rangers tomorrow. Do I spy some whitedot branded Vist bindings as well??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
charliesimpson wrote:
@robsdesk, Very nice. I pick up my CL Rangers tomorrow. Do I spy some whitedot branded Vist bindings as well??

That you do!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was in Jon's shop on Sunday picking up my own skis and bindings (not WhiteDots unfortunately) and the rows of shiny WhiteDot skis waiting to go out really was a beautiful sight to behold. I hope you all enjoy them!

Having had a quick taster of the Rangers at the Manchester test, I'll be trying to get a full day on them while out in Cham, to think about potential future options Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
Scarpa wrote:
Are these models the same ones as in last years EOSB ski test?

The 13/14 Rag trad is the original super stiff charger but the 13/14 Carbonlite is slightly softer but it's still a scary beast unless you 6'3"/17stone (you know who you are wink) then it's a pussycat. The 14-16 versions of the Rags (as at last seasons EoSB test event) have been softened so mere mortals can ski 'em. The current trad version is now 'just' stiff but it's still a charger whilst the Carbonlite has been softened just a little but more in the tips'n'tails for a bit more forgiveness.

Hi all - new member here!

I've skied a pair of 191 Mantras for the past 6 years or so (aside from an amazing few days cat skiing in Whistler on some Shiros!) and have decided it's time for a change. I'm SERIOUSLY tempted by the Rag CLs in 193 but wondered how they would compare to the Mantras.

I'm 6'0, fluctuate between 16 and 17 stone, and (I like to think!) a pretty strong skier, so pretty much fit in to the description above!

Would I be right to assume the length would be ok, given the fact they're shorter underfoot than my old Mantras, or should I steer well clear unless I'm a 6ft6, 18 stone Scandi?!

I don't want to buy them for the sake of it but they're such a good price!

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've never skied the Mantras but the 13/14 Ragnarok is wider and (I think) as stiff. Its got a 37m turn radius which makes it very easy to slide around on in powder but you need commitment to get it up to speed and get those edges dug in on piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy