Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot clearance... Hey Mr! Off-piste skis very cheap!

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the responses G's. Am 5'8'' (and a half Wink ), around 12.5 stone... Was on the 168s as that's what the Whitedot boys in the flat had going.. but they were great. Also enjoyed being out on my Ross S4s in the off-piste next day too...

Last set of 'all rounders' at 175cm (Mantras) so think around the 177cm mark is best... Prefer more responsive skis than going large...

Have just noted the ski-test dates so maybe a quick word with Jon and get up (or down_) to try them?

thanks, m.

PS: Oh yes.. The QKs already recommended...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At 5 10, and 13.5 stone, will I die on the 177 108Rangers? (no 180+ available).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Crell, no you wouldn't die.
BUT
Are you after traditional? In which case both Sportpursuit & most likely Piste Office (Spyderjon) have 186's
OR
Are you after carbonLite? In which case I'm sure Piste Office had at least one pair of 186CL's and if you call I think Spyderjon is price matching even on the items he has but Sportpursuit don't.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
To all those who are awaiting a reply to their email/PM - thanks for your patience. I'm just finished the course I've been running in Mchr so I'll be home in a few hours so I'll get back to you then. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Oh FFS Happy - Theyre not on the above list though, so im safe for now Happy

If you speak to Spyderjon he has some 2016 173Ones which were made as samples but marked with the incorrect mounting point. If Jon drills the ski for you it becomes a non issue, and I'm sure he could do you a decent discount. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Getting low on certain models/lengths so anyone dithering needs to be quick!

I should also mention: because these prices are a price-match off the Sport Pursuit deal, they are only valid while their deal is on, which is until Sunday evening.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 1-10-15 12:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, Your a tough cookie mate! wink

Looks like my niche ski's will be everywhere next season.............
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
.....Looks like my niche ski's will be everywhere next season.............

To remain exclusive you'll need to be on the new R.98CL's which arrive in a couple of weeks Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No willpower, been to see Jon this morning, Directors purchased Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, I almost held out...

Just spoken to Jon and there's a pair of Ranger CL's coming my way.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@adithorp, You're in good company. Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
R.98 cls ?? ..... now thats going to be "the" Whitedot ski ...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
adithorp wrote:
Well, I almost held out...

Just spoken to Jon and there's a pair of Ranger CL's coming my way.

Judging by the time I think you must have been the chap that phoned in the middle of my ski tuning lesson
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NickyJ, Sorry if I interrupted proceedings.

@Iski, You too?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Afraid so!
Not the same skis as you though.
snow report
Iski wrote:
Afraid so!
Not the same skis as you though.

I'm picturing you on a pair of 189cm Preachers... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Iski, you're joking! What did you get?
snow report
@adithorp, Laughing Laughing

Actually, expand your image to include both myself and Hurtle on them, as we tried them out at a snowHeads ski test at MK two or three years ago!
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@Iski, you're joking! What did you get?
Love my preachers, love my 108CL rangers too and love my QK inserts even more so I can take both pairs away with me Happy (plus a piste ski!)
snow report
@Iski,
Quote:

as we tried them out at a snowHeads ski test at MK two or three years ago!

God, I'll never forget trying to get out of the car after I'd driven home from there. My knees were completely shot, trying to get those beasts on to their edges, and they completely stiffened up during the drive. I've been a bit wary of trying very long, fat skis ever since.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, The Director CL. snowHead
ski holidays
@Iski, Happy
latest report
adithorp wrote:
@NickyJ, Sorry if I interrupted proceedings.

@Iski, You too?

Not a problem I was wondering if it was another snowheads.
snow conditions
Iski wrote:
The Director CL. snowHead

Wow! I tried a pair last EosB and my skill level was so far below the ability of the ski's... they rebelled and dumped me on my head. Felt like they could have done it anytime but they waited until there were snowHead witnesses.
snow report
What would folks recommend from the White Dot range - if any - for someone who is on piste 50-75% of the time and aspiring to do more off-piste ... but like's shorter turns on piste and wants good grip on ice/
snow report
@Ashridge, that could be an interesting question, can i suggest messaging or calling Spyder Jon at the piste office on that one
latest report
Preacher without question.

However, the best piste skis are also the most tricky to ski off piste.
Personally I ride stiff SL's for good grip on ice and a nice fat Whitedot for off piste.
latest report
I know .. I was hoping to find a nice mix rather than having two pairs ... especially if there are some still going cheap!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From further up this page...
spyderjon wrote:
I should also mention: because these prices are a price-match off the Sport Pursuit deal, they are only valid while their deal is on, which is until Sunday evening.

The preacher is the closest to what you're looking for in terms of a 1-ski quiver.
I just wanted you to understand that "Easy grip on ice" and "Easy adaptability off-piste" are at opposite ends of the performance spectrum. Still the Preacher makes a good job of bridging the gap.
snow conditions
Of course ... torsional stiffness vs. flex and smoothness.
latest report
@Ashridge, sounds like you'ld want a Preacher. I've never found conditions that were too hard pack for a pair of sharp edged Preachers. That is not to say that someone on a pair of sharp edged GS skis isn't enjoying the piste conditions even more, but then I'ld still be laughing on the Preachers if I dived off the side into some chopped up crud.
snow report
LAST CHANCE FOR A PAIR OF 13/14 WHITEDOTS

The SportPursuit sale was originally going to run until midnight last night but for some reason it's actually finishing at midnight tonight.

I still have a few pairs of the most popular models/lengths (& that SportPursuit don't have) so I'll continue with my offer until midnight tonight as well. Note that 186cm Ranger CarbonLite's are now completely sold out!

To order please do not email or PM me as I won't have good connectivity today but instead phone me (07875 720780) with your requirements & card details. If you get my voicemail just leave a message & I'll respond/accept the purchases in the order they come in so that it's a fair first come first served basis. Payment for the skis is required in full (no reserves!) with payment for any extras like bindings, Quiver Killer inserts, skins, crampons, waxing etc when the skis are collected/shipped.
ski holidays
Thanks Jon - just ordered a pair of CL Preacher's. Happy
latest report
@Ashridge, I tested the Preachers last season. Their ability off piste probably goes without saying (and is way, way above what I could test) but and was suprised at how good they were on icy pistes and (considering their width) how easy/quick they were edge-edge.
snow report
Help for a good friend please! She's 164 cm, 53kgs and a very strong offpiste skier (I've seen her) - including some competitions. Currently skiing 170 cm K2 Missbehaveds (which, knowing K2, are about 173 really), finds them ok for most things but sometimes on the short side in competitions. On the other hand she's wondering if 177 won't be too long for touring.

168 or 177 Ranger CLs?

Does anyone know what's the length of the rocker? (I have the 186s but I haven't measured)...

Jon, if you see this, I've also left you a voicemail.
snow conditions
@horizon, Hi Cedric, My OH skis the shorter RangerCL 168 same build and same height and loves them, they turn for fun! I have the 186's, best ski I've ever skied. If she's super confident skier I'd say go long 177.
snow report
@horizon, tip rocker length on the 168 is 280mm. Specs for the current version are here but the 13/14 model is the same apart from a slightly different carbon lay-up: http://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/skis/whitedot-skis/whitedot-15-16-r108-carbonlite-331-detail.html
latest report
robsdesk wrote:
Thanks Jon - just ordered a pair of CL Preacher's. Happy

I got these from Spyderjon and you will love them. Get them right over on piste and you will go WOW. Do that all day like me trying to follow @Ronald and you will go ouch. Happy
ski holidays
@horizon, based on a few girls of similar size that I know - who rip - definitely the 177. Especially if she's doing comps.
snow report
A delivery just arrived from Jon:

Off to Stafford in a few weeks to try them out! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy