Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot clearance... Hey Mr! Off-piste skis very cheap!

Poster: A snowHead
I have received a 'tip' that Whitedot have been left with a pile of skis in 13-14 designs by a misbehaving distributor.
These will be 'cleared' through Sport Pursuit from Monday.

Anyone who has used Sport Pursuit knows it's all about limited offers & 'lean' service at a rock bottom price but IMHO snowHeads deserve to be treated nicely so...
I'm pleased to be able to offer my own tip: Our own Spyderjon has available, all the models that Sport Pursuit will have, plus a few others from the same season and will be price-matching Sport Pursuit! (but with the renowned Piste Office service levels Cool )
He will be at Oktobertest too so it may be worth considering picking them up there to save postage costs.
Sport pursuit have a flat £8 p+p so how about that, an effective price-beat of Sportpursuit! - snowHeads must surely be the luckiest skiers ever Cool

Now, unless he's magic, Spyderjon surely couldn't know the price that needs matching until the Sportpursuit offer goes live but I understand typical discounts are between 47% and 60% of retail. So we're looking at £250-£300 for traditionals and about £350-£400 for Carbon lites Shocked

If you were after any of the following, it would be well worth sending Spyderjon a PM asap to make sure it's put aside for you Wink Although almost all sizes are available now, there are only one or two pairs of some models/lengths.

WDS13DIR168S Director
WDS13DIR178S Director
WDS13DIR188S Director

WDS13DIR168C Director CL
WDS13DIR178C Director CL
WDS13DIR188C Director CL

WDS13PRE169S Preacher
WDS13PRE179S Preacher

WDS13PRE169C Preacher CL
WDS13PRE179C Preacher CL
WDS13PRE189C Preacher CL

WDS13RAN168S R.108
WDS13RAN177S R.108
WDS13RAN186S R.108
WDS13RAN195S R.108

WDS13RAN168C R.108 CL
WDS13RAN177C R.108 CL
WDS13RAN186C R.108 CL
WDS13RAN195C R.108 CL

WDS13RED180S Redeemer
WDS13RED190S Redeemer

WDS13RED180C Redeemer CL
WDS13RED190C Redeemer CL

WDS13RAG194S Ragnarok

WDS13RAG194C Ragnarok CL
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Please behave admin, my fingers are twitching!! Wifey will chop them off before long Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PaulC1984, get something like the Ragnarok CL then: she wont be able to catch U Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haha shed not be able to catch me if i was on a snowboard, let alone skis. Its when i return home that worries me, and shes the scheming type Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are snowboards smaller than the rags.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Please note that only about half of the skis listed above will be in the SportPursuit sale but I can still offer the same deal on any unlisted models, assuming availability etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Rags were surprisingly nimble though.... an awesome ski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are these models the same ones as in last years EOSB ski test?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OMG- The temptation is huge.......
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarpa, afaik the ski that changed most between 13-14 and 14-15 seasons was the Ragnarok.
The 13-14 Rag is seriously stiff and the sort of thing you'd fly off 100m cliffs (accidentally instead of 40m ones) on.

I'm actually taking on a pair of the 14-16 Rags but I wouldn't have presumed to think I'd survive owning the 13-14 ones.

I think the Ranger Pro 13-14 (WDS13RAN195S R.108) is closest to the new Ragnorok but you may want to seek further advice from someone that may know what they're talking about.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Christmas May of just come early wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dzmarc, (and anyone else) do be aware that right now, you have the snowHeads' advantage.
I understand SportPursuit will send their offer out by mail tomorrow to a a long list of recipients across Europe and your advantage will be gone snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa wrote:
Are these models the same ones as in last years EOSB ski test?

The 13/14 Rag trad is the original super stiff charger but the 13/14 Carbonlite is slightly softer but it's still a scary beast unless you 6'3"/17stone (you know who you are wink) then it's a pussycat. The 14-16 versions of the Rags (as at last seasons EoSB test event) have been softened so mere mortals can ski 'em. The current trad version is now 'just' stiff but it's still a charger whilst the Carbonlite has been softened just a little but more in the tips'n'tails for a bit more forgiveness.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was thinking more of Kooky's love for the CL Directors Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarpa wrote:
I was thinking more of Kooky's love for the CL Directors Smile

The 13/14 Directors in this sale are the original 5-point design & not the latest (& quite different) version that Kooky tried at the EoSB.
snow conditions
Actually my gf might be interested in the Directors... I'll get back to you on that @spyderjon.
ski holidays
14-15 Rag CL's are awesome, bought a pair last season and these along with the Ranger CL 108's are a perfect quiver IMO.
latest report
That's all I need rolling eyes Not sure my bank manager will agree that I really need Ranger CLs... but then if they cared, they shouldn't have closed my local branch.
snow report
I'm running a training course in Mchr today so will be off grid but I'll reply to everyone who has emailed or PM'd me late afternoon/early evening.
snow conditions
Nothing on Sportpursuit today.
ski holidays
@Claude B, Maybe I should keep this hidden then http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/whitedot-sep15 snowHead
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
Nothing on Sportpursuit today.

I had a mailer with a link to them and took a quick nose?
latest report
Ah I'm on their mail list but haven't seen anything. Am going to the Piste Office Thursday anyway Happy
snow report
Claude B wrote:
Ah I'm on their mail list but haven't seen anything. Am going to the Piste Office Thursday anyway Happy

Thats very dangerous Happy
ski holidays
I know I've already bought 2 pairs since last season Shocked
latest report
I don't need new skis, or do I?
ski holidays
@Rishie, please refer to the rules: specifically rule 3, N+1
latest report
If only they did park skis I could adhere to that rule Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You mean like "The One" ?
snow report
Oh FFS Happy - Theyre not on the above list though, so im safe for now Happy
ski holidays
Has anyone skied Rangers at 168 and 177? And tried both trad and Carbonlite versions... I want some but hoped to ski test before buying... Was on the 168s last year which were brilliant!
ski holidays
@avatar6916, My wife skies 168 108 Ranger CL's with F10 Tours, loves them, she's pretty small and they drive well, beyond that cant really comment.
snow report
Has anyone skied Rangers at 168 and 177? And tried both trad and Carbonlite versions... I want some but hoped to ski test before buying... Was on the 168s last year which were brilliant!

How tall etc etc are you?
snow report
@PaulC1984, I tried the 177 Rangers last year at the Tamworth Skitest. Great skis, was surprised, drive well but not you can also relax on them too, tbh I think they are the best ones in the range.
As for Stats, Im 5'9" and 11 stone. Did consider the 187 but for versatility I think the 177 is better suited to me.
snow conditions
Dzmarc wrote:
@PaulC1984, I tried the 177 Rangers last year at the Tamworth Skitest. Great skis, was surprised, drive well but not you can also relax on them too, tbh I think they are the best ones in the range.
As for Stats, Im 5'9" and 11 stone. Did consider the 187 but for versatility I think the 177 is better suited to me.

Your exactly the same stats as me and I have the 177 108CL's. Love them!! used them in tamworth on the ice and late at night in the choppy CFe snow and they really surprised me at how well they coped outside of their natural habitat. just need to get them on a proper hill now Happy. The only word I can use to describe them is WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE Happy
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, if only I had the spare cash / trips booked I'd of had a new pair. Trying to justify a new set for a couple of weeks use is getting hard .... although I am easily persuaded wink
snow report
5'11.5" and I haven't weighed myself for years.
I skied the 186 Ranger CL for the past 2 seasons and loved it.

Off piste, you'll tend to go longer to give more float in the soft and even out travel a bit when it's variable. CL's are lighter than trads so they tend to be more nimble and U don't notice the length so much.
I'm surprised you were on 168's given you're not a midget. I'd say 177 min, or even 186.
snow conditions
I'm 86-88kg, 5' 10" and ski 186 CL R108's, they go anywhere and are very nimble on any terrain, but especially powder. Don't particularly like ice but just point downhill on ice and you're OK! Agree with the above, go long, they are super light and float.

It goes without saying that Jon at Piste Office does a great job with the Quiver Killers too, highly recommended, and its a great system for swapping bindings between skis overnight when in resort.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 28-09-15 12:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Hey is like some touring skis and no longer than 165. How does one get them? Toofy Grin
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
Quiver Killers too, highly recommended, and its a great system for swapping bindings between skis overnight when in resort.

Agreed regards QK - It means I can fit 3 pairs of skis in my box to take away with me Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy