Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

scarpa AT boot sizing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anything about Scarpa sizing?

My ski boots are Nordica Next 9.0 28.0-28.5 shell.
I can get second hand
Denali in size "8-9"
Laser Vector (?) in "UK 9.5-10"

I'm guessing the latter would be mondopoint 28.5-29.0 and might do me if Scarpas are a snugger fit than Nordicas.

Any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is no denali 8-9. Do you have 7.5-8 or 8.5-9? The 8.5-9 is a huge up in volume over ther 7.5-8. The length and width of your Next 9.0 suggests to me you have huge high volume feet, you're probably too big to walk through our shop door, tee hee, so maybe the 8.5-9 would be better as it would be lower volume than your alpine boots. Forget the Vector, without stiffening it you won't like skiing in it. Get the Denali, forget about the weight penalty, get a spoiler mounted in the back, a denali tt tongue on the front, a zipfit or thermo hard 12mm liner inside and i'll bet you'll never ski in the Next 9's again. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks SZK,

I thought the denali sizing sounded odd. I'll check it out.

Re my feet and the Next 9.0s: We've swapped messages about these before - they now have a crack in the overlap area which you suggested probably came from having excess volume. I suspect you are right about this - I don't think my feet are very high volume but my calves are pretty chunky (I got the Next 9.0s after a very painful run in with some Nordica Grand Prixs - a stupid purchase that cut off the blood supply by clamping my calf muscles). They've actually been fine. In the past, I've skied flexons very happily so I don't think my feet can be too huge...

I want to try some ski-touring so I'm quite keen on the idea of a cheap pair of AT boots. I'm also thinking about replacing my alpine boots as I've been getting a lot of input that AT boots are too much of a compromise for everyday lift-served skiing. I'm in Cham in March and was thinking about booking appointments for my missus (who is also in the market for new alpine boots) and I at your zoo .

J
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would love the opportunity to talk more about this at the Zoo. The ski-ability is a long debate and easier understood with the product in-front of us. We are currently working with Lange and Garmont to bring together the two better. Fit aside the Scarpa Tornado is the closest yet, however doesn't really have a cleeted vibram sole and therefore for me, isn't a Randonne Boot. Try climbing in it. As to an appointment in March at the Zoo, look forward to it. March is by far the best month of the year in Cham, so normally we at the Zoo are in good spirits. Drop me a line closer the time and we'll set it up. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
turns out that the Denalis were UK8 (assume 7.5-Cool so no good - thanks for the help
I'll definitely be in touch about March.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not saying anything... only used their climbing boots.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, Eh? Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy