Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuheler Alpen Weather and Snow Report 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
@kitenski, Only way back to the Kitz side is via the 3S from Wurzhöhe to Pengelstein. I wouldn't like to say how long it would take to get back from the Pass Thurn area proper to Wurzhöhe. There are plenty of reds taking you back there so I would say leave yourself at least an hour and a half towards the end of the day so you can get up to Wurzhöhe. Lifts run up to 16:30 if I'm not mistaken. You do still need a couple of lifts to get you back from Pengelstein to Kitz so maybe leave yourself a bit more time than that. Alternatively ski from Pengelstein down to Skirast ( Aurach ) and take a bus or taxi from there.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
@Steilhang, excellent thanks, I can see a plan forming, looks like my friends who wouldn't ski 34 could take the new 3S lift and meet us at the top of Worzhoe then and we could all ski the around there before heading back!

How long would you say it takes to get back from the Pass Thurn area on lifts to Kitzbuhel, assuming my friends speed as average UK skiers who can just about ski reds?

Depends on queues. And where you are at Pass Thurn. Took us over 1.5 hours from the Sonnalm restaurant (bottom of G7) one day last week, and has a long T bar. May take you a bit longer as average UK skiers should have no probs in general with Kitz reds - BUT the bottom of 75 which you have to ski is borderline black and is blacker than some of the blacks in the resort (e.g. 55, 23). At least with the new Brunn lift there are now two ways back after the 3S though the quicker is still the old way (29 and D1)

On Friday we skied Pass Thurn longer (no queues) and took the bus back from Breitmoos. Better to get on there rather than Pass Thurn as you will get a seat. And red 77 down is a lovely run - quiet - with just two short south facing soft bits.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been in the area since Thursday (kitzbuhel) and the leogang since Sunday.

It's has been snowing on and off since Saturday evening and still coming down Tuesday afternoon!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, c'mon you must have an interest or investment to promote #weatherspam #toolowforsnowin March Laughing Laughing

I'm in Altenmarkt skiing the "way too low" Sportwelt Amadé and had to take today off because my legs were refusing to work by the end of yesterday - more or less continuous snow plough or snow plough turns was way too knackering for me as we pushed our way through an average of 30cms of new snow everywhere! Waking up this morning and see more stuff falling out of the sky was more than I could take! Sun's due out tomorrow so I'll venture across to Leogang then! wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Samerberg Sue, enjoy, we stayed at a fantastic hotel here - sadly no skiing Mon/Tues due to work but I think I may go back to try the area!! http://www.mama-thresl.com/

Was snowing heavily as I left, roads were ok apart from a few areas!! Probably had 20cm+ Mon/Tues as a guess....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fri-Tue summary: some great skiing to be had, but need to get out early & be a bit lucky!
Skied Kitz Fri-Sun - pistes OK, but a bit lumpy/scraped/mushy at pinch points. Everyone's new fave, the 27a was pretty ugly on Sat (though was late in the day). Skied westendorf (ski-welt, on allstar card) Mon-Tue. Mon pistes were beautiful - flat with light powder dusting. Tues there was quite a lot of powder, so swapped my skis for blades & had a really fun day!
Fri-Sat was glorious sunshine. Sun-Tue was snowfall with small pockets of white-outs/flat light, but still well worth being up there!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mustgotobed, I got lucky then! First into Route 90 in Kitz Friday!!

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, did you like Kitzbuhel for your short trip?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@VolklAttivaS5, yes, very impressed with the skiing, some very tough slopes, loved the itineraires, loved the streif itineray, sheet ice and moguls --- possibly the hardest run i have skied in a long time. didnt like the rip off beer prices in the londoner.

question, how busy was it over the uk half term mid feb as we had some medium queues last weekend in what i would assume was non school holiday season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, that's good. I agree, lots of variation. You were lucky with the snow too although even when I went earlier this year there was still plenty despite the warm temperatures.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, if your half term week coincides with the Austrian (Vienna & Lower Austria region or Tirol ) &/or the Bavarian schools, it is pretty crowded and can be very aggressive in terms of wannabes racing down crowded slopes. The Munich Schickeria pour over the border at the weekends to their second homes in "Kitz" and many of them believe that they have "divine right of passage" as they hoon around the slopes and occupy the best places on the terraces or in the restaurants.

I think the Londoner is the worst by far of all the bars in terms of rip off prices and general atmosphere. The place was a positive health hazard the last time I went in there and stank of stale beer, etc, it was minging in there to be honest. I much prefer the many smaller and more authentic bars off the main drags where the locals eat and drink.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, yes, very impressed with the skiing, some very tough slopes, loved the itineraires, loved the streif itineray, sheet ice and moguls --- possibly the hardest run i have skied in a long time. didnt like the rip off beer prices in the londoner.

question, how busy was it over the uk half term mid feb as we had some medium queues last weekend in what i would assume was non school holiday season.

This year, and next by the look of it, UK half term did not clash with many others. So only one region of Germany and the Eastern Austrian regions were off. The dutch and belgians were also avoided. So not bad really.

The worst queues we found were for some of the chairs at Kitz. I think mainly due to everyone trying to stay above the cloud bank that day.
We also visited Ellmau/Scheffau/Going, St Johann and Waidring. No queues to speak of in these that week at all. Often we could ski straight on. snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:

That's what used to be called powder heaven. Love it. There's also a whole load of stuff like that just off the sides of the Fleckalm valley run... In fact all over the place when the conditions are good.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Murky again in Kitz. Snow good but slushy at end of day on home run to fleckalmbahn.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Steilhang wrote:
kitenski wrote:

In fact all over the place when the conditions are good.

Indeed the whole place looked very good for skiing fresh snow without straying too far from the lifts...
ski holidays
Drammeister wrote:
kitenski wrote:

This year, and next by the look of it, UK half term did not clash with many others. So only one region of Germany and the Eastern Austrian regions were off. The dutch and belgians were also avoided. So not bad really.

The worst queues we found were for some of the chairs at Kitz. I think mainly due to everyone trying to stay above the cloud bank that day.
We also visited Ellmau/Scheffau/Going, St Johann and Waidring. No queues to speak of in these that week at all. Often we could ski straight on. snowHead

Ssshhh, don't let people know. It was great at half term, only twice did we have to queue for around 10 mins. Most of the time was pretty much straight on. Only downside was the visibility, or lack of it, for most of the week.
latest report
Snowed all day today Very Happy . Viz very bad after lunch, though. Skiing from pole to pole in some parts. Forecast clearer tomorrow so bring it on!
ski holidays
Am in Kirchberg for a few days over Easter. Snow conditions are excellent, weather not so excellent... But we are having fun!
ski holidays
The weather turned excellent on Saturday, and we had fresh pow and sunshine all round. Brilliant!
Back home now, unfortunately. For anyone looking for a cheeky few days out the area stays open until 01.05 (!) longer than just about anywhere, and conditions at the mo are superb. Hope it lasts.
latest report
Arriving in kirchberg late next Monday. Free to ski with anyone who wants to be taken round the resort on Tuesday or the Wednesday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy