Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowing already....well, a bit anyway

Poster: A snowHead
Pictures of snow in various resorts around the world

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/skiing-news/11881958/Ski-holidays-Where-is-it-snowing-right-now.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots and lots in Mayrhofen. 46cm forecast.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here in Innsbruck area too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And Saalbach-hinterglemm - well about 5 cm at the top of Zwölferkogel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flachau appears to have a dusting
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow at 1950 in Les Saisies. snowHead http://www.lessaisies.com/webcams-les-saisies.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow here down to 2400m!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Down to somewhere around 1200-1500m here in Montafon.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Web cams show a dusting in Westendorf
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's what I like to see snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Before anyone else says it - it will melt! I rather hope so as I am doing 3 weeks autumn walking in October and not keen to be trudging through snow.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, out to our place at the end of October for about a week. Don't mind a bit of a mixture, although crossing the Col du Galibier could be interesting in snow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Hells Bells, we did once have about 6 inches overnight, in late October, when the trees were showing their best autumn colours. Then the sun came out. For the couple of hours before the snow melted it was magical. But dour, cloudy, drizzly, sleety, slushy weather, I can do without!

Actually, until you mentioned the Col, I'd not thought of putting winter tyres on for this trip. Don't think I'll bother. I'll chuck the chains in, perhaps.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, spoilsport! Nice to see the snow, though.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
70cm+ on the Kitzsteinhorn according Bergfex.
ski holidays
@pam w, I am in two minds as to whether we should change ours or not. It has to be done though, so may just bite the bullet so to speak.
snow report

Cham
snow report
Montafon:

latest report
Austria is full of snow I heard Smile
snow report
Snow down to about 1600mtr hear yesterday. About 10cm of snow on stelvio glacier Little Angel
snow report
too early to mean anything, except perhaps on glaciers... Puzzled

frequently snows in Chamonix in July...
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
too early to mean anything, except perhaps on glaciers... Puzzled

frequently snows in Chamonix in July...

Yes and no. At the high resorts, snow in October/November gradually starts sticking from 3,000 Metres plus as the snow line starts moving down. It made a difference last year when there was a lot of precipitation in November and then a warm spell that meant Val Thorens had decent pistes in early December yet anyone lower than that was struggling. I remember taking a photo down the valley from about 2600 M and seeing the snowline just turn to brown fields immediately below the Val Thorens village.
latest report
@emwmarine, that's a little academic for most European skiing is it not? how many holiday skiers will be mostly above 3,000m over a season?
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@emwmarine, that's a little academic for most European skiing is it not? how many holiday skiers will be mostly above 3,000m over a season?

No. There are european resorts with pistes from more than 3,000 metres down to 2,300 metres. These resorts benefit from snow in october and november.
ski holidays
@emwmarine, how many? and how many that aren't glaciated? and that don't need significant snow at lower levels to make the infrastructure viable?

for most people, most places, most of the time, snow now is meaningless.

I mean, you can probably ski off the Aiguille* at the moment if you wanted, but not so very many people are...

*du Midi
latest report
@under a new name, I only posted the link because the piccies looked nice.
snow conditions
One of my mates has just done a driving holiday in he South and was moaning that passes over Col Du Galibier and the like we're closed because of snow...personally I don't know what he was moaning about Very Happy
latest report
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
One of my mates has just done a driving holiday in he South and was moaning that passes over Col Du Galibier and the like we're closed because of snow...personally I don't know what he was moaning about Very Happy

I wouldn't see them as closed, I'd see them as open (with a slight change of transport Happy )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

One of my mates has just done a driving holiday in he South and was moaning that passes over Col Du Galibier and the like we're closed because of snow...personally I don't know what he was moaning about

2 weeks ago the Galibier was fine:

snow conditions
@Dr Rock, beautiful photo snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy