Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your top five apres ski bars!

Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, +1 Cafe Christine Ischgl - Awesome! As was the waitress who had to navigate the crammed "cafe" delivering 6 steins in each hand!!

Others-
Mooserwirt. Of course.
Georges, Serfaus, Dutch apres for a change.
Pavillion, Kitzbuehel. Especially Hahenkamm weekend.
Luiskellar, Selva, Val Gardena. Lively and staffed with drindl dressed waitresses with a sense of humour, no matter how dimwitted the punters.

@cameronphillips2000, somewhere I've got a video of a guy doing exactly the same, in the same drunken manner, except that he was up at the Ulmerhutte about 4pm. Eventually, maybe after 20 mins he managed to get his skis on successfully and disappeared down the immediate schuss down to St.A. We were doubled over, as were most of the people watching from the benches. After we had recovered, we hurriedly put on our skis and hared after him, expecting to see a massacre on the piste round the corner, but no. We were sober and, although we skied fast, could not see any sign of him on the piste down Steissbachtal. Truely disappointed!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hohenhaus Tenne, Hintertux.

Fantastic Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Tatman
Quote:

I agree that both Bauers Schialm and the Spitzbub are worth a mention - catch them on the right night and you need look no further (and many people don't!) The great thing about the locations of the Bergeralm, the Hinterhag, Bauers and the Spitzbub is that you can ski from the first to the second to the third, and then cross the road to the fourth - if you have the stamina for such an epic apres-ski crawl. There's a challenge for you @Kooky, !!!

I am up for that! if you are over my way I will show you my regular ski hut crawl, starts off at Gipfelstadl, then ski down to Lisa Alm....then to Purzelbaum.......finishing up at Dampfkessel. no need to cross any roads although you do need to be down to the Lisa Alm before 17.30 cos of the winch prepping, the pisties get understandably very cross if you go under the barrier Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't think the Grand Massif can offer much in this company but Le Reposette at the base of the Vercland lift above Samoens makes a pretty good fist of it. Especially on Sunday afternoons. Going to St Anton for a few days in January so looking forward to the real deal.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don''t think anything the Grand Massif offers can compete here but Le Reposette at the base of the Vercland lift above Samoens makes a pretty good fist of it, Especially Sunday afternoons. Will be in GM for most of the season but going to St Anton for a few days in January so looking forward to the real deal.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tatman's Tours wrote:
I've known people to make a swift exit within 30 seconds of entering (including, if I remember rightly @HoneyBunny, on her first visit). I think it can be a shock initially, but the place exudes an insidious charm if you can only hang in there for the first 15 minutes or so

Very true, it was absolutely packed and very smoky though - and I'm not sure where our group could have squeezed in! It is indeed a bit of a shock to the senses (it was the same in Ischgl when we walked into Niki's Stadl at 7pm one night after the Kitzloch closed - too mental!! We went somewhere less busy).

When it comes to apres, we prefer to get a table and warm up to the 'dancing on the tables' stage rather than wading straight in and trying to catch up!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

When it comes to apres, we prefer to get a table and warm up to the 'dancing on the tables' stage rather than wading straight in and trying to catch up!

@HoneyBunny, The only problem with doing your "warming up" sitting down in the Hinterhag is that, on a busy (i.e. normal) evening, you have to get there by around 3.30pm to claim your pre-booked table (unless you get lucky), and then it takes a while to get going. We prefer to do our warming up at the aforesaid Bergeralm's Happy Hour, before skiing down (with headlights early in the season). Sometimes, if you time your arrival at the Hinterhag for mid-way through the party, you may chance upon an empty table (vacated by some of the poor souls who are staying in a hotel or a catered chalet and have to be back in time to change for dinner - or possibly by a group who have decided to move on to Bauers Schialm). Also, if there are only a few of you, you can often task the best-looking and/or most charming member of the group to infiltrate a party sitting at a table, who might conceivably be able to fit you in if they move up a bit. Having said that, the real hard core Hinterhaggers won't be found at a table; they will be hanging over the balcony, singing their heads off and interacting with the band.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HoneyBunny wrote:

Start with a pear schnapps and a beer chaser. By the time you've finished your beer the schnapps will have worked it's magic and you're good to go Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
it's under new management isn't it @ian999?

previously "sleepy" would have been to lively a description...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I was last at the Mooserwirt I recall that it was impossible to get anywhere near any of the bars (or toilets) at sundown. Luckily I got a quarter bottle of schnapps and a box of pringles in my backpack, and sat on the slopes watching the live music.

I remember trying to ski back down after this, luckily it takes a lot more than that before I cannot stand up and ski.

I do not have a list of top 5, as I am older now and tend to go where old people go.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tatman's Tours wrote:

@HoneyBunny, The only problem with doing your "warming up" sitting down in the Hinterhag is that, on a busy (i.e. normal) evening, you have to get there by around 3.30pm to claim your pre-booked table (unless you get lucky), and then it takes a while to get going. We prefer to do our warming up at the aforesaid Bergeralm's Happy Hour, before skiing down (with headlights early in the season). Sometimes, if you time your arrival at the Hinterhag for mid-way through the party, you may chance upon an empty table (vacated by some of the poor souls who are staying in a hotel or a catered chalet and have to be back in time to change for dinner - or possibly by a group who have decided to move on to Bauers Schialm). Also, if there are only a few of you, you can often task the best-looking and/or most charming member of the group to infiltrate a party sitting at a table, who might conceivably be able to fit you in if they move up a bit.

That's when it helps to work in packs! Those who want to Berger can join later, whilst sending the others ahead to nab a space. When there's 12 of you, you need one! As you say, it's easier to infiltrate if you're a smaller party...

Quote:
Having said that, the real hard core Hinterhaggers won't be found at a table; they will be hanging over the balcony, singing their heads off and interacting with the band.

Are you suggesting we're not hardcore!?? Shocked wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, It is. For the past couple of years under Dutch ownership. Not in the same league as others mentioned but the best we have in Samoens. Coveys pretty good but you have to get back into town and the moment can be lost.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ian999, what? how can you lose the "Let's have a beer moment"?

not possible.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, Couldn't agree more. But sometimes you don't want to wait for a gondola ride and then a car/bus before getting that beer!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm with Piste View. Nederhuette Obergurgl rocks. They know how to party! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I'm a wee bit surprised that nobody has mentioned the Krazy Kanguruh in st Anton.
ski holidays
The Yeti in Serre Che used to be great years ago.

I agree that it's all about who you're with. There was a small quiet bar in Courchevel 1650 where, for a week when I was there many moons ago, a group of student lasses would dance topless on the tables if you bought them a double shot. By the end of the week it was the busiest bar in the Alps.....
ski holidays
boabski wrote:
I'm a wee bit surprised that nobody has mentioned the Krazy Kanguruh in st Anton.

Felt like a chavvy school disco last time I was there (which was admittedly 2009!)

The Eispalais in Hinterglemm is (/was - haven't been there since 2011 I think too!) also fun if you like Dutch girls (who doesn't?!)...
snow report
davidthornton wrote:
+1 Cafe Christine Ischgl - Awesome! As was the waitress who had to navigate the crammed "cafe" delivering 6 steins in each hand!!

Pha! Still one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen was the tall (must be about 7ft) waiter in the Kitzloch carrying a small try of shots...on top of a large tray full of a 2-tier beer stein pyramid...on top of an even larger tray with a single layer of steins. That wasn't the spectacular bit though. No, that was when a woman stood up from the crowd after getting something out of her bag on the floor - and clipped his elbow with her shoulder. Gravity won and glass lost that day.
snow conditions
Quote:

Pha! Still one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen was the tall (must be about 7ft) waiter in the Kitzloch carrying a small try of shots...on top of a large tray full of a 2-tier beer stein pyramid...on top of an even larger tray with a single layer of steins. That wasn't the spectacular bit though. No, that was when a woman stood up from the crowd after getting something out of her bag on the floor - and clipped his elbow with her shoulder. Gravity won and glass lost that day.

Ha, loved to have seen that! What was the value of that lot then? But the guys at the Mooserwirt have better balance!!! Steps, icy floors, drunks, they can dance round anything. Check out youtube.
latest report
boabski wrote:

I wasn't as keen on the KK. Took ages to get going and I felt mega old in there!!
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Quote:

Las Vegas in San Cassiano - been the ruin of many a :Sh:

Love it - spacious, not too noisy, nice staff, excellent prosecco and a brilliant (and safe, assuming you don't wait until it's pitch dark) run home.
The run home at the after dark (and multiple mojitos) is when it gets really fun Happy
snow conditions
The last time we went to Krazy Kanguruh (dragged there admittedly by some younger, more energetic types) I felt, to quote HoneyBunny, "mega old in there"!!!!! Confused
latest report
Savoy Bar in Argentiere
ski holidays
pc wrote:
The last time we went to Krazy Kanguruh (dragged there admittedly by some younger, more energetic types) I felt, to quote HoneyBunny, "mega old in there"!!!!! Confused

And I was 35!! Not that long ago, but I felt like some sort of cougar!
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Quote:

Las Vegas in San Cassiano - been the ruin of many a :Sh:

Love it - spacious, not too noisy, nice staff, excellent prosecco and a brilliant (and safe, assuming you don't wait until it's pitch dark) run home.

Agree, agree, agree. Very Happy Especially the run home! snowHead
ski holidays
davidthornton wrote:
Quote:

Ha, loved to have seen that! What was the value of that lot then? But the guys at the Mooserwirt have better balance!!! Steps, icy floors, drunks, they can dance round anything. Check out youtube.

An easy 500Euro I'd have thought. The only time I've seen a drop - and usually they have fireworks going at the top of the drink tower as someones ordered a bottle, rather than just a round of shots.
snow report
The Hennu Stall in Zermatt is pretty dangerous on the last run down, and not too far to ski back to town!!!............

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
L'Ours Blanc Les Menuires.

Completely empty, great view.

Just the thing.
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:

And I was 35!! Not that long ago, but I felt like some sort of cougar!

Did you find one? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
BruckenStadl - Mayrhofen
Tenne - Schladming
The Ronnie - Meribel - but only in the dark part of Winter
Mooserwirt - St Anton
Spitz bar - Saalbach
ski holidays
I have very fond memories of

goaßstall hinterglemm
snow report
I've just noticed they've extended Cocorico in Val for this season, yay! It really needed it, it was SO packed earlier this year.

They've built a larger terrace (above the path down the side) with an extra bar, hurrah.

It's going to be even better this season! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

https://instagram.com/cocoricovaldi/
latest report
So where is a good apres bar in Alpe d'Huez?
ski holidays
They have a Folie Douce now!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy