Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prediction - powder day on Thursday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like temps here in Tirol will halve on Wednesday and there looks to be a good deal of precipitation over the whole region. Expect a great powder day on the glaciers here in Tirol on Thursday. I will hopefully upload some images.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saw that Piste View - had posted on the Hintertux snow report thread about it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mountainaddict, yes Hintertux can be epic in early season. I was knee deep a few summers ago in mid / late August. Everyone was looking depressed with life in Innsbruck as I took my powder planks off the roof of the car. Hope you can feed your addiction soon!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Hope you can feed your addiction soon!
Er, Chillfactore trip coming up next week - followed by Scotland (ski touring or lifts) as soon as it snows (November is fairly common and October not unknown) and as many weekend trips as we can while the snow lasts (we're usually up there into June); Hintertux or Stubai in mid November; Tignes in January; and destination to be confirmed in Feb.

Then there's our local tiny North Pennines areas Weardale and Yad Moss (marvellous for what they are and only an hour from home) and Raise in the Lake District (never been bit this could be the year!).

As ever, I'm champing at the bit for winter Laughing.

And yes, the glaciers can deliver an out of season unexpected bonus - we've skied powder at Tignes in late July and at Hintertux and Kaprun in October Very Happy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Piste View wrote:
Looks like temps here in Tirol will halve on Wednesday

If the temperature halves in Kelvin terms, you had better take a warm jacket Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

If the temperature halves in Kelvin terms, you had better take a warm jacket

Nice observation Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mountainaddict, the north Pennines seems like like a great spot. I love those community areas - real skiing!!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Word around the camp fire - 40cm of the good stuff on the Stubai Glacier today!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just been looking at the Penken cams at Mayrhofen - pretty impressive cover at 1800m Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Powder day on the Stelvio glacier today, and in fact so much snow at resort level and below that the pass was closed earlier, may still be. Out for the week to do some GS and had the day off from gates due to the weather, but most of us went up anyway to track the fresh stuff Very Happy Not sure how deep, 30cm maybe, enough to be clear of the hard base underneath, even on skinny race skis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy