Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Klm/AirFrance ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Does anyone know if klm/AF let you take your ski bag as standard luggage? Or do you need to pay extra. I could probably manage ski bag plus carry on like I do on BA.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ask KLM
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
speachmaus, Yes you can, if you aren't taking any other hold luggage as Nadenoodlee, check with KLM( website)

taken from their website after a quick look
A set of (water-) ski or snowboard equipment may consist of one of the following:
•A board (in a bag: max. length 300 cm/78 in) and a pair of snowboard boots
•A pair of (water) skis, 2 ski poles and a pair of ski boots

You can bring one of the above sets instead of a suitcase or instead of an extra suitcase bought in advance. You do not need to reserve for transportation of ski equipment.

forget about the water bit Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you. When I looked on klm website it said maximum 158cm so I wanted to check with someone who has used them. Many thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@speachmaus, you can pack your boots in a separate boot bag too.

While we're on the subject, do KLM count the number of pairs of skis in the bag? Not sure if we'll be using KLM yet or not, but if we do, I'll pay for the extra ski bag rather than what @speachmaus wants to do, but I'd like to get more than one pair in there (boots will go in main hold luggage).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used Air France last winter, on one of their regional carriers (HOP). AF took skis as a regular hold bag; HOP didn't (in theory -max length 158cm)but neither carrier would give me a clear answer about which rules applied.
3 pairs of skis went in a double wheelie bag, no questions asked. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarlet, They never have when we have flown to the USA, just weigh them and as long they come in under the total ( or close to it wink ) we have been fine.

Going out we usually have 2 pairs in one double bag, and a boot bag - counting as 1 piece of extra luggage, and pack the other boots. Coming home they never check what else is in with the skis or boots either Madeye-Smiley Its easy to talk your way over the weight limit too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarlet wrote:
@speachmaus

While we're on the subject, do KLM count the number of pairs of skis in the bag? Not sure if we'll be using KLM yet or not, but if we do, I'll pay for the extra ski bag rather than what @speachmaus wants to do, but I'd like to get more than one pair in there (boots will go in main hold luggage).

I've never known ANY carrier do that.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clarky999, me neither so far, but I've noticed in the terms that some (like KLM) state one pair, where others just say ski bag must weight less than 23kg, which is easily 2-3 pairs Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I somehow read that as cabin luggage. I've been sitting here for some time imagining cheerful Dutch guys trying to fit their skis into the overhead lockers.

I went with Flybe last year and they had a strict policy of one pair of skis per bag and they got so excited that they even insisted on charging me twice for one of the bags with the amazing excuse of "I have to charge you for something".
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy