Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort bus in Madonna di Campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book a week over New Year and thinking about Madonna di Campiglio as we enjoyed the day we spent there last year when staying in Passo Tonale.

Found Hotel Italo which seems to get reasonable reviews on tripadviser so probably as good a bet as any other Italian 3* hotel which is what we are used to over the last few years.

Only issue is we have always tried to book hotels very near the slopes so we do not have to worry about buses or walking too far in ski boots. This hotel is apparently a 5-10min walk or there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. Does anyone have any experience of using the resort buses in Madonna and know how frequently and realiably they run? We would probably be having lessons so might have to be at ski school by 9.00am so trying to decide how much of a faff this is going to be. Youngest son is now 15 so not so much of an issue carrying skis as when he was 10.

As a general point, resort ski buses - what do they generally do, racks on back or something for skis?

Thanks in advance

Rob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It has been a few years since we were in Madonna so please don't take what I say as gospel but the buses seemed to be about every 20 mins. or so at peak times. I don't recall if the frequency altered in the middle of the day. Madonna is not so big that couldn't walk to the lift if you just missed the bus. Whether you would want to with boots on is another story. The exception to this would be Groste. It is a bit further. We didn't experience any reliability issues. They are the kind of buses that you board with your skis in hand and require a ticket. Tickets, single journey or weekly, can be purchased at the tourist office or just next to it. At least that is where I was directed to, there are possibly other outlets. I seem to remember that the slopes back down Spinale looked a bit steep? I'm a useless skier so everything looks steep!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy