Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

For the season St Anton vs Valdisere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@clarky999, deffo not a day trip to Bludenz, I said half day! Same for Landeck (which was usually done when the TO's sorted out a bus to go register).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Markymark29 wrote:
@Steilhang,
Quote:

equal in every way to the Arlberg

You sure?.....How about investment in lift infrastructure? The lift system in EK hasn't had significant investment since the Alberville Olympics in early 90's has it? Arlberg is adding better infrastructure every year, eg Rauz/ Trittkopf/ Albona project 2016, soon after Galzigbahn, Rendl, Nasserein, Tanzbodenbahn, Auenfeldjet, Valfegehrbahn etc? List served freeride is IMO not as good in EK compared with Arlberg, there's much more hiking. Mountain restaurants are of a lower standard, ski guides and ski schools better, après is not on same page, and access via Alberville/ Moutiers/ Tarentaise funnel is a real pain compared with access from Bregenz or Munich. Also Arlberg lift pass is cheaper isn't it?

I have not been back to Val since the kids started arriving 13 years ago. Back then I would say the lift infrastructure was about the same as Arlberg. I don't know how it has developed since. Anyway my main criterion for judging is not the lift infrastructure but rather the lift served off piste. When I think about Cugnay, Vallon De La Sache and Col Pers, to mention just a few, I want to jump in my car and drive over there. Sure the Arlberg has similar stuff, but I just happen to think the runs in EK are just a tad better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29 wrote:
@Steilhang,
Quote:

equal in every way to the Arlberg

You sure?.....How about investment in lift infrastructure? The lift system in EK hasn't had significant investment since the Alberville Olympics in early 90's has it?

Depends what you call "significant". There's a steady process of upgrading old slow lifts to new ones.

Speaking of reversion to the 90s I give you: Austria's smoke filled restaurants and bars.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dogwatch, that's going to be history real soon now. Thank God.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy