Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Accomadation ,Book now or wait

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are flying to Geneva 3rd April for 5 days ,looking to Ski in France within 2 hrs drive of Geneva

To cut down on cost i was looking at a few resorts with cheaper Ski passes ie:La Clusaz etc ,but obviously those resorts don't have the high altitude of the more expensive places.

I prefer to wait until a few weeks to check snow conditions .

So my question is does accommodation sell out fast at easter?? ,so needs to be booked months in advance

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A lot of accommodation is Sat/Sat so you'd probably have to take something from 2 - 9 April. I think you can afford to wait - especially if you are prepared to be flexible and maybe drive to slopes - as you'll have a rented car, presumably?

If snow is decent - which is very possible, as it's still early April - you would have a lot of choice, including a number of less well known resorts, whilst most Brits head for the bleak and treeless heights. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 wot @pam w, says
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
A lot of accommodation is Sat/Sat so you'd probably have to take something from 2 - 9 April. I think you can afford to wait - especially if you are prepared to be flexible and maybe drive to slopes - as you'll have a rented car, presumably?

If snow is decent - which is very possible, as it's still early April - you would have a lot of choice, including a number of less well known resorts, whilst most Brits head for the bleak and treeless heights. wink

I may be wrong but there seems be lots of accommodation for our dates Sunday - Thursday so im not so worried about that side of things ??
Its whether there will be accommodation still available
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@wasley, You are aware that Easter Sunday is March 27th 2016. You are going the week after Easter. My thoughts are that there will be lots of vacant accomodation at that time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i'd agree with @johnE, the French don't really do Easter. worth checking what the UK standard school year date are though as (annoyingly for me, wanting to rent out apartments) they have nothing to do with Easter dates and are typically much later (I think).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnE wrote:
@wasley, You are aware that Easter Sunday is March 27th 2016. You are going the week after Easter. My thoughts are that there will be lots of vacant accomodation at that time.

Yes im going the week after Easter but it would stiil be part of UK Easter school holidays
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wasley, I am sorry; since I do work at a school or have school age children when someone says Easter to me I tend to thin of the period from good friday to the bank holiday. Both of which I get off work. I am off skiing for both weeks of Easter. In fact I can get 15 days skiing, from March 19th to April 3rd, for only 7 days off work. We get the day after the bank holday off as well Very Happy

Though sometimes the orthordox easter causes some confusion.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy