Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to Visit Selva Val Gardena

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

A very difficult question but planning a trip to Selva and our options are mid January or early February.

Any thoughts on best time to visit Selva? Ideally we would some sun and snow. I know February is high season.

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I've been to Selva twice in 2nd/3rd week in January and had lots of snow and sun both times. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prob a better chance of slightly warmer weather in feb. Although it will likely cost more being high season.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year went with the girlfriend's family during the UK Half term, there I was thinking we would be queuing all day, and I think we only had to queue for any length of time on 1 or 2 lifts. The only suggestion I'd make is to avoid the busy lifts at the peak times if you can. The Champanoi chairlift seemed to always be the worse.

Had sun every day bar the first day, and we loved every minute, you'll have a great time.
Just a tad envious.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would recommend from middle january to the end of march. But that is also the high season Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're going 13th-22nd January and go every year about the same time - just after the kids are back at school. Then often again in late February between school holidays. Go to the Seiser Alm but often ski+bus over to and around the Sella Ronda, but not at weekends when the queues can be pretty unpleasant.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The advantage of visiting between 30 Jan and 6 Feb is that you'll have a markedly increased probability of encountering fellow snowHeads as we bash the Sella Ronda generally. I'd imagine there'll be at least 60 of us in the area, albeit based in Arabba not Selva. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Of course you could equally take the view that is a good week to avoid! Confused

My experience of the sH birthday week is that the queues are never really bad.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
15th - 24th and you'll have myself and my bumbling mates to avoid. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Went early Feb last year and no problems with queues- 3 days of snowing and great conditions followed by 3 days of sunshine- the perfect scenario! Very Happy

February is definitely more expensive than January though

the weather- well that's just luck
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would go in Jan as it will be quieter. February 2016 especially 4th-11th is Fasching (Carnivale) and very busy so expect much busier lift queues and to pay more.

Weather wise both months are generally good but you can of course have one or two weeks of bad weather in either month depending on the year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone

Advice is much appreciated.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy